PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
My wife and I just recently bought our first home, and I’ve been desperate to get my tobacco and pipes settled into their home, too. I was given precisely half of a coat closet for my stuff ?. The old hutch that I loved was apparently ugly as sin, and wasn’t going to cut it at the new pad.

I ended up taking out most of the coat racks, bought a pack of spoon pegs, cut a couple of pre finished closet boards down to size, et voila! Pipe cellar.
1F8DE12D-8B61-4674-84B8-324BE4B5D43F.jpeg

B2CB19CC-193E-4059-8E37-92D5B5BC6FF5.jpeg
If I am being completely honest, I hate stacking 2 to 3 blends on top of and in front of each other. It’s a pain in the ass to find anything. However, the glimmering spires of tins do look rather stately.

On the plus side, I now have a garage, a front porch with a fan, and a back patio with 3 nice big umbrellas, all of which are fair game for smoking. Got to look at the positives ?

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Congratulations on your first house! As for the storage, it goes with territory for most of us, except for Peck whose storage area is truly stunning! As you get older the cabinet will fill up and your brain will empty out leading to that wonderful moment when you are trying to find one blend, move a tin and find a blend that you forgot you had. Hopefully it will be a tin of something which is the then equivalent of finding a tin or two of Christmas cheer or Frog Morton's Cellar. It's a happy day when that happens.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Congrats on the new place!!!
If I am being completely honest, I hate stacking 2 to 3 blends on top of and in front of each other. It’s a pain in the ass to find anything. However, the glimmering spires of tins do look rather stately.
You could maybe get some of the metal pin inserts and extra shelves from a hardware store and add them to your cellar for additional organization. Almost like building a mail sorter/cubby but without vertical separation although that might not be hard to come up with either.

Reactions: mtwaller

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
That’s great brother! Congrats on the house. The pipe will be a great meditative and calming tool as the struggles of being a homeowner begin. As they say when owning a home... it’s always something. Haha

Reactions: mtwaller

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Congrats on the new place!!!

You could maybe get some of the metal pin inserts and extra shelves from a hardware store and add them to your cellar for additional organization. Almost like building a mail sorter/cubby but without vertical separation although that might not be hard to come up with either.
Not a terrible idea... if the current set up irritates me to no end I’ll end up adding more shelves just as you described.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Congrats on your first home and new cellar space.

I spy an electric typewriter sitting on a shelf. Do you use it? If not, more cellar space.
My wife uses them for her poetry. Even if that side was completely empty, it’s off limits! I originally wanted the right side of this closet and she said no way ?

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

Dio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2020
Congratuations.

Is that a cigar box that on bottom right?