Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Capstan: This is definitely a very classic blend. Has a slight spicy kick, very woody and an overall great smoke. The flavor is not to rave about but if you are looking for a relaxing smoke, this blend is nice to have.

C&D: The Beast: I knew what I was getting when I ordered this and it didn't disappoint. I am not a perique smoker and with 60% perique in this blend, I knew I had to try this.. honestly it was the name. If you wonder what this blend tastes like, just eat a few tablespoons of black pepper. This is very strong and peppery but quite unique. If you are not use to this type of blend and/or a beginner, I would not buy this until you build up a taste profile.

Holger & Danske: Black & Bourbon: This was a complete shock!! First off, the tin note smells like Copenhagen dip with a slight hint of fruit. However, upon first light, the amazing aroma of peaches/apricots and cream was powerful. The taste matches this aroma as well with a slight hint of licorice and smokiness. I couldn't have imagines from the initial smell how well this blend tasted and smoked. Very elegant, classic and mellow. I would highly recommend this blend.

CAO: Eilleen's Dream: One word... captivating. If I did not read the label, upon the initial smoke, I pictured myself in front of a fireplace with hot coffee in an old Irish cottage. The amazing mixture of bold and rich coffee without the bitterness, the sweet taste of cream and chocolate is ever present. Just a very relaxing blend that anyone would give credit to. An absolute delight to smoke..

C&D: Espresso: Opening the baggie, one gets hit with a strong dark chocolate sensation. Upon further investigation with my nose, one picks up the espresso beans. The taste is very sweet and enjoyable. One has to get to the bottom of the bowl to really get the espresso bean taste.

Peter Stokkebye: Highland Whiskey: Shock Alert!! This blend is my winner of my haul. The slight smell of smokiness and licorice is evident but upon first light, its very woody. This blend has a sweet acorn soaked in a burnt barrel of whiskey. Shockingly, it mellows you out. Its truly cuts the edge off a rough day. This must be sipped and enjoyed. It does have a very relaxing and elegant aroma and taste. I cannot say enough about thsi blend... simply astonishing.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE...

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Smoking my first bowl of it now. I was stunned by the tin note. Like some combination of liquor, espresso and dark chocolate. Wasn't expecting it to smell like a Tiramisu cake ?

So far, I am happily surprised at how well-behaved and smooth it is for such a high Perique content. I'm only 5 minutes in, so that may not last.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Try C&D Bayou Morning for a good vaper. It's "only" 25% perique!
Now that I've conquered The Beast and its 60% or whatever it is, Bayou Morning, and its 25%, is kids stuff! ? Ok, not really, that is still quite high for a VaPer, I think! Bayou Morning is on my to-try list. I find myself liking the stouter Virginia-based tobaccos these days, so I think I will like it.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Now that I've conquered The Beast and its 60% or whatever it is, Bayou Morning, and its 25%, is kids stuff! ? Ok, not really, that is still quite high for a VaPer, I think! Bayou Morning is on my to-try list. I find myself liking the stouter Virginia-based tobaccos these days, so I think I will like it.
Bayou Morning Flake is pretty good. I like it better than the mixture.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If people don't have a clue about a tobacco, especially a Lakeland, they say "Yep! That's a VA." They'll take some heavily scented VA and say, "the tobacco is top notch." But you can't say anything like that because all you're tasting is the scenting. So I will say to you about the stout VAs to which
you are leaning, "Black rope: great VAs! Brown:
even better!"

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
If people don't have a clue about a tobacco, especially a Lakeland, they say "Yep! That's a VA." They'll take some heavily scented VA and say, "the tobacco is top notch." But you can't say anything like that because all you're tasting is the scenting. So I will say to you about the stout VAs to which
you are leaning, "Black rope: great VAs! Brown:
even better!"
It's a source of amusement when I see someone on TR say a blend is made up of top quality leaf. I always want to respond, "Oh? How do you know? What makes the leaf in one blend top quality, and mediocre or poor in another? Are you sure you're not just saying that you like the tobacco better?" It seems to be a more common saying with some of the more Anglo-centric folks. As in the English blenders use better leaf than the Danish or Americans. As far as I am concerned that is a highly subjective statement, and not exactly true in my opinion (which I admit is just an opinion). Especially because I get the sense that at least part of the reason for Lakeland essences was to cover for leaf that their customers found distasteful on its own. Of course, I certainly wouldn't say that makes the leaf inherently inferior, either.

ETA: I really like a lot of those English tobacco, to be clear. Especially the brown ropes and dark flakes!

Last edited:

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
It's a source of amusement when I see someone on TR say a blend is made up of top quality leaf. I always want to respond, "Oh? How do you know? What makes the leaf in one blend top quality, and mediocre or poor in another? Are you sure you're not just saying that you like the tobacco better?" It seems to be a more common saying with some of the more Anglo-centric folks. As in the English blenders use better leaf than the Danish or Americans. As far as I am concerned that is a highly subjective statement, and not exactly true in my opinion (which I admit is just an opinion). Especially because I get the sense that at least part of the reason for Lakeland essences was to cover for leaf that their customers found distasteful on its own. Of course, I certainly wouldn't say that makes the leaf inherently inferior, either.

ETA: I really like a lot of those English tobacco, to be clear. Especially the brown ropes and dark flakes!
I personally do not care if a leaf is top quality or not. If I like how it smokes, tastes and smells.. Im fine with it.

Reactions: danimalia

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Ha... sometimes I also try a blend because of its name alone. Often I’m disappointed, but occasionally I’ll hit pay dirt, like Cult Blood Red Moon... unique name with a great taste.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.