PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Cigarstopipes

Lurker
Sep 19, 2022
Not really for me. One of the reasons I got into cigars and later pipes was I liked the quiet introspection that goes with having a smoke, as well as sitting outside and just enjoying the morning air and listening to nature while I let the glorious tobacco scent waft over me.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
No clubs in my entire state as far as I know. My town is about 50k and I have never even seen another piper. I do get a lot of double takes when others see me while sitting at a light in my truck.

I gues I could just join the KC club, it's only a five hour drive ;)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
No clubs in my entire state as far as I know. My town is about 50k and I have never even seen another piper. I do get a lot of double takes when others see me while sitting at a light in my truck.

I guess I could just join the KC club, it's only a five hour drive ;)

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 6.40.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 6.40.59 PM.png

??????

Just curious.

Always liked central NE. The Sandhills are amazing.

Broken Bow to Valentine is one of my favorite drives in the country.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Pipe clubs can be a lot of fun when they are run correctly.

Because Mr. Ghost, KC type, one each would be the last person on Earth to say or do anything boastful, Imma gonna do it for him...

He assembled, edited, and distributed the KC club newsletter single-handedly every month for many years.

A page or two of cutesy stuff, you ask? Not even.

DOZENS of pages---usually between 30 and 50---of serious content arranged full-on glossy magazine style, with color pics throughout.

Did I mention that he did it SINGLE-HANDEDLY? Or that he did it EVERY MONTH?

P&T came out quarterly and had less content.

Seriously

A hearty public Thank You from those of us who are still around, Dan.

puffy puffy puffy

----------

(Now he's gonna claim if it hadn't been for this fuzzy lady cracking the whip on her human, none of it would have ever happened. But that'll just be modesty talking.)

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.18.33 PM.png

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I’ve heard of catchup on fries eggs burgers dogs and a host of other things but never on tobacco!

View attachment 170503

One of the club members is an accomplished BBQ sauce maker (one of his recipes was scouted for commercial production), and when he brews a batch for a club event it often goes into a huge squeeze bottle for convenience.

Reactions: drayve85

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those pictures definitely capture the vibe of a vibrant group meeting. It's hard to explain unless you experience it.
I miss my work travel, during which for 18 years, I could coordinate with the NYC, Philly, Syracuse and Allentown club meetings. I met and know some great pipe folks because of that opportunity. It was pretty cool to ride up to the club meeting in Soho NY and have every shout "hey, it's Al from Maryland!". Man, I miss seeing those folks, my new position keeps me tethered to a desk.

A group of folks from the Pipe Smokers Den get together every two months or so at Boswells in PA and have a blast. Our next meet is scheduled for the last Saturday in October if anyone has interest. (We call ourselves the "Boswell Hooligans")

If you are remotely close to a club/group - join them!