New Guy from North West UK!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dimitri

Jul 2, 2020
St. Helens, England
Hello everybody,

Im a fellow pipe smoker living in St. Helens England, after reading and learning so much on this fantastic forum, I couldn't help but sign up!

Been smoking a pipe on and off for about 12 years now and my fire has been rekindled lately by trying more and more English blends and buying my first new pipe in a long while!

Look forward to settling in with you good people and hell, maybe even get a North West England Pipe Club going!

Take care, have fun, be happy

D

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dimitri, welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Do you have easy access to the so-called Lakeland blends? Seems like proximity might make them available. Distribution in the U.S. is rather sparse to nonexistent. I had a fine time in the Lake District long ago, in the 80's, Grasmere, Windermere, all those trails and wandering sheep, and in summer marvelous late sunsets.

Reactions: Dimitri

Simmerdown

Preferred Member
May 2, 2018
Hello everybody,

Im a fellow pipe smoker living in St. Helens England, after reading and learning so much on this fantastic forum, I couldn't help but sign up!

Been smoking a pipe on and off for about 12 years now and my fire has been rekindled lately by trying more and more English blends and buying my first new pipe in a long while!

Look forward to settling in with you good people and hell, maybe even get a North West England Pipe Club going!

Take care, have fun, be happy

D
Welcome! Anytime you can get a group of friends together for a bowl and good conversation...that’s a win.☕

Reactions: Dimitri

Dimitri

Jul 2, 2020
St. Helens, England
Dimitri, welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Do you have easy access to the so-called Lakeland blends? Seems like proximity might make them available. Distribution in the U.S. is rather sparse to nonexistent. I had a fine time in the Lake District long ago, in the 80's, Grasmere, Windermere, all those trails and wandering sheep, and in summer marvelous late sunsets.
Thanks for the welcome.
When I think of lakeland blends I immediately think of Gawith Hoggarth’s aromatics, dont know if Im correct but if I am then yes, the Gawith blends are readily available in my B&M Turmeaus in Liverpool aswell as my go-to online shop. Havent tried any actually, maybe I should pick some up.

The lakes really are a lovely part of the world, a pleasant couple of hours drive for me to get up there and some lovely walks. Me and my wife are hoping to get a small cottage for a few days around Windemere in August, but we shall have to see!