PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Historically, he's arguably never blended a dud, and has a number of blends on the All Time Greats list for modern production so clearly knows how to apply that magic taster-smeller.
Meaning even I, who honestly, truly, and am-not-kidding have never smoked an aro in my life---not because I thought there was anything wrong with them, but simply because I started on the straight stuff, was happy with it, and never saw a need to change---intend to give Va Cream a test drive. Because I know for a fact that GLP is a driven hyper-perfectionist for whom excellence and quality are everything, and if HE'S satisfied with it, it's gotta be something special. (He never brings a blend to market just because he has time invested in it or an emotional connection to an idea, he abandons blend experiments all the time.)
Well said.
I totally agree.
My favorite aspect about Pease's blending is how he can develop totally new genres, being a thing unique to itself, yet in many cases heavily informed from the historic past, interpreting classic profiles and tweaking them into uncharted new territories, and all done with a deep sense of love - a deep love of tobacco that shines through and gives the blend a palpable soul.
He seems to passionately and very seriously thrust his entire being into making a blend, madly intent on pushing the envelope, which he has succeeded in doing numerous times, redefining boundaries and evolving with a hyper-aware sense of forward motion, pushing from the past into the future.
Some of this is achieved with the incredible nuance many of his blends have, like magical shapeshifters in uncanny transmogrification as the smoke swirls, something akin to alchemy, and conjuring such wizardry seems to be his forte, the intense attention to minutia which when actually smoked can amplify into otherworldly delight, no doubt his Dark Lord moniker is well earned, as he is a highly adept leafy druid, and his skills have been well-honed into an incredibly sharp edge.
All that said,

:)

aromatic or scented or whatever,

the new blend sounds great to me and I'm eager to try it.
I dig the name too,

The Virgina Cream.
That little "the" adds so much and somehow carries a weight,

similar to how some little something in one of his blends can create larger explosions than one would expect, so small as to perhaps not even be aware of it or initially notice that aspect, yet feeling the full force of its presence unfold with a grand splendor.
Magick!
:puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I will grab a couple of tins for the cellar, definitely.
Can't say that I get "aromatic" from the very brief description, I just read "different." Either way, I love Virginia's, and have been very impressed with the Pease Tobaccos I have smoked to date!

May 31, 2012
GLP said:
Looks different, yes?

It is.

So is the blend.

It required a different approach than anything I've done before, and was quite a learning experience, but I'm excited about the results
This is gonna definitely be worth checking out!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
:laughat:

• griffonwing.jpeg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
GLP will rather stop making blends than blend an aromatic. Just because it says "cream" doesn't mean it's an Aromatic. Jeez guys stop being obvious.
Actually, broadly speaking, it is. How do I know? I just now got off the phone with Greg and VC is the main thing we talked about. It is indeed an aro.
NOT a cloying, goopy one, understand---he found a way to create and layer flavors without taking the usual aro route of heavy casing---but measured by taste, the profile is sweeter and more fragrant than can be achieved with straight leaf.

May 31, 2012
In my personal lexicon, I will probably refer to T.V.C. as a "scented virginia" if classification is ever needed suchwise,

just because "aro" has so many negative connotations.

btw

I think it was primarily the Danes back in the day who are responsible for those negative connotations?

Didn't they sort of invent the "continental blend" style of goopy aromatics?
:?:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
So has anyone heard any update when this new blend will be released? I am holding off on my TAD purchases until this one hits the market as I want to make sure it is included in my order.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Aromatic is too big a segment to ignore.
Simple truth... kind of like "light" cigarettes, an important market segment.
Maybe it'll be good. If not, I'll mix it with this Mac Baren "Modern Virginia" and store it for when the Russo-Chinese invasion happens.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
If not, I'll mix it with this Mac Baren "Modern Virginia" and store it for when the Russo-Chinese invasion happens.
You sure that hasn't happened already?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, mlc, for the Cream reminder. I'm so glad! My Spoonful is only 6 minutes or so..... We'll soon find out whether this blend is a strange brew or not!

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
So, the labels are at the printer's, and production is being scheduled. I'm pretty excited about this one. It's so different for me, but I've been loving every bowl of the prototype…
Film at eleven.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Recalling that Greg owns half of the Two Friends brand and it has some very nice aromatics, I would not fret over such speculation for a Pease aromatic under his sole name, if this is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.