PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I am sorry to see that this piece of twine got past us and I definitely want to offer you a replacement tin. You are correct that Latakia is tied into bundles to be fire cured, and during the process, which lasts 5 - 6 months, the twine blackens and gets covered with soot, just like the leaf, making it really tough to see. When the firing is complete, the twine gets cut and the leaf is baled, often with bits of twine tangled up all through it. Removing twine is unfortunately a reality and part of the process when we use Latakia. Again, I am sorry that this piece got past us and I want to make it right for you. Please feel free to PM me or email info@cornellanddiehl.com with your shipping address and I will get another tin out to you ASAP.
Aw man. Thanks for the offer! That's incredibly generous of you. I feel like I'm still going to smoke the plug anyway. There's nothing wrong with it so far as I can tell so I can't in good conscience ask for a replacement tin (also I have a few more stored away too).

A heartfelt thanks for reaching out and for putting 'the customers first.'

Cheers

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I am sorry to see that this piece of twine got past us and I definitely want to offer you a replacement tin. You are correct that Latakia is tied into bundles to be fire cured, and during the process, which lasts 5 - 6 months, the twine blackens and gets covered with soot, just like the leaf, making it really tough to see. When the firing is complete, the twine gets cut and the leaf is baled, often with bits of twine tangled up all through it. Removing twine is unfortunately a reality and part of the process when we use Latakia. Again, I am sorry that this piece got past us and I want to make it right for you. Please feel free to PM me or email info@cornellanddiehl.com with your shipping address and I will get another tin out to you ASAP.

Rad

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Alright so this is actually the first new blend I have purchased in a couple of years. Anyways GL Pease spark plug first impressions. I really enjoyed the tin note nice sweet leathery goodness in the tin. A very nice job on that. Now the hard part the way she smokes. I am not one to bash blends but let’s get into the first impression smoke. First of all this stuff needs drying time it is very wet once the kake is cut and rubbed out. I made the mistake of not letting this dry enough. Anyways really didn’t have any issues with constant relights on this so that’s a good thing. The first half of the bowl really got the Latakia and some sweetness from the VA used. The second half spent time searching for the orientals and really just nothing there. The third half maybe some spice notes but otherwise this was just a flat smoke all the way thru. A very mild English blend no bite noted especially since I didn’t get enough drying time on this so that’s a plus. Overall this blend was a very meh! Kind of thing if I have it great if not well there are plenty of other great blends out there. I definitely wasn’t wowed by this at all and it’s surprising because I do enjoy many other GL Pease blends.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Just trying this today. Sweet and smokey. Tried fresh it needed much more dry time.

Reactions: Bowie
Spurred on by this thread I decide to open a tin and give it a try. My tin was dang near perfect moisture, only requiring 15 minutes of drying. 2.5 grams only required 2 relights after the char light.

I found it to be right up my alley and very happy I bought a few to put up. ZERO tongue bite and loads of flavor to the left, right and below the Latakia. I bet this will only get better with age. Oh,. and the tin note actually made me smile. High marks from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.