New from Ga

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

montypiper

Dec 26, 2018
Been lurking for a while. Relatively new to pipe smoking but grew up watching my grandfather smoke.. always had an interest in pipes.

I have collected a few pipes that I need to show off, so look for some pics soon..
Dale

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome aboard Dale. Good to have you. I'm sitting here in MN.

montypiper

Dec 26, 2018
thank you. need to figure out why my avatar didn't come up. probably have to resize it. Then figure out the picture posting thing...

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah, just don't get too frustrated if you have some technical difficulties. It happens to a lot of us.

montypiper

Dec 26, 2018
Ha! The Monty Python reference was sort of intentional. Monty Piper name has a ring to it. I combined my name, Montgomery..

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Welcome! I grew up in Ga and spent a lot of my misspent youth roaming the Young Harris area.

montypiper

Dec 26, 2018
thank you! Young Harris, beautiful up there! I spent some time in Cleveland and Baldwin.. loved to drive through the mountains north of Helen. Hoping to hit Lake Chatuge next season.
mso489, thanks.. growing up, I spent summers in High Point. Love NC!

jacks6

Preferred Member
May 9, 2016
I agree about driving through the mountains in Helen. I love it up there. Welcome to the forums!

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
That picture has so much 50s in it my head may explode!
Welcome to the forums! We are a friendly bunch here, as long as you stay away from that pirate ship.

montypiper

Dec 26, 2018
thank you, everyone. yeah, cool picture.. it's a random pic I pulled off the inner webs. Vintage aluminum runabouts is another obsession of mine.

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Welcome from Mississippi. I love your test photo! An aluminum boat being towed by a 57 Chevy wagon, with the owner smoking a pipe, what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.