Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We will have some new features coming to make the forums more user friendly.
We are obviously missing some basic features like being able to upload avatars, send private messages, embed images in posts and have the groovy little buttons for formatting like Bold and so on. (I made that bold by using raw html code, so I cheated, lol).
I am off to the Chicago Pipe Show first thing in the morning. We should have the new features set up when I get back early next week.

analogmoz

Lurker
Apr 29, 2009
Take your time; I like your site as it is. In a way, I like the "clean" look it has now. But, do what you will. I'm enjoying my time here.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Be sure to check the Perry White Pipes exhibits; I think their rep will have one. I visited their website recently and saw some interesting handmades.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Quote: analogmoz

Take your time; I like your site as it is. In a way, I like the "clean" look it has now. But, do what you will. I'm enjoying my time here.

Ha! Thanks analogmoz! We actually got sidetracked with an emergency here. It figures that while I'm at the Chicago Pipe Show handing out cards for the site that we suddenly became a destination for spam bots to auto-create accounts and blogs to spam their crap.
We had about 25 spammers register in the last 12 hours. They have all been deleted and "recaptcha" has been installed in the sign-up form to thwart spambots. Buttholes!

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Thanks, Kevin. This is already the friendliest site on the web. I can't wait to see the new changes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Threadromancy (think Necromancy but with threads) is the bane of all forums and boards world-wide. It usually happens when members are digging through OLD posts and comment on them. Sometimes, they bring back great threads, sometimes, they bring back out-of-date stuff. Just one of the things you have to deal with while on forums I guess.
Some other boards actually have a policy prohibiting this, but I think that is a bit excessive. Kevin, Bob, & Lawrence (pstlpkr) have their hands full as it is. They don't need to be policing threads that are old as well.
Just me $.02...
-Jason

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
What I find interesting is that this has long been one of my pet peeves. However, I have actually found it interesting here for two reasons.
1. There have been some old topics that are still interesting discussions being brought back to life.
2. And this particular thread, imo, showed a little history of how we have grown from humble beginnings.
We also try very hard to not be Forum Nazis as Moderators.
Check it out, we have BOLD now. Woo hoo. :mrgreen:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
We also try very hard to not be Forum Nazis as Moderators.
And I must say this is one of the best run forums I've been on....You guys are AWESOME. Now if I could just learn how to make things BOLD (all I end up with is the letter b behind the word)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
You can either highlight the word you want bolded and hit the bold 'B' button right below the word, "Post:" or you can hit the 'B', type your word to be bolded and hit the 'B' button again. :wink:
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.