PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theflame

Lurker
Dec 18, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey all, happy to jump on these boards. I've been smoking pipes for about 10 years now and it's become a regular tradition at my weekly home theater film screenings that we share pipes and discuss movies after a screening. It's really been a great hobby that's a pleasure to share. I'm into all styles of pipes, but have an affinity for corncobs lately. I'm also deeply saddened by McClelland shutting down because my favorite blends have been the Frog Mortons. I'm on the hunt for an "Across the Pond" replacement and just a solid age-worthy Virginia.
:puffy:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like a fun get together. Yes, McClellands demise has been traumatic. Good luck finding your replacements.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. My dad's family used to have a little sandy soil farm as a vacation spot, no electricity or running water, east of Muskegon near a little farm crossroads called Holton. The family finally sold the property for a Christmas tree farm. In the 1930's, it was big on dairy, lumber, and apparently at least transporting contraband booze at night. They had an old horse named Bill to pull a wagon to town for groceries, and Bill would stop at the base of the hill to rest on the way home, and he'd start up the hill when he was ready. No one gave him any prompting nor advice; he knew what he was doing.

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
Welcome. As far as Frog Morton replacement goes, I find Pease Maltese Falcon quite similar to the original FM. Especially after a year or two cellared. Syrian Latakia is now a memory.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Welcome from So. iL today but I just moved into my new “temporary” home in SE Michigan this week! Dual households for a few months until we get it all put back together. All my pipes and tobacco are in Michigan but fortunately my wife bought me a new pipe and tobacco for Christmas so I have something to smoke this week while I’m here.

Status
Not open for further replies.