Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wow, Purple Cow!
Opened a tin of Cornell and Diehls Purple Cow, I've tried Bully Budd, I like it. So I had a clue what it should taste like. I'm not a cigar smoker, so The flavors are only similar to one another in Budd and Cow if your new to the genre. I have to say I like Purple Cow better because of the smidgen of Latakia in it. Think Big'N'Burley! I've smoked four bowls of this stuff and about to light another. (This hardly ever happens with a new blend) It's a nice burley blend with the bright Virginia sweeteing things up, Latakia rounding the edges, and the Maduro leaf ramping up about half way through. It's smooth and creamy and smokes to a fine ash. Any other fans of this stuff lurking around? :puffpipe:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I've wondered about the stuff Perdurabo, the name is certainly different! You are the first I know to try it, I wonder where they got that name, is there anything purple about it or any cow parts in there? Maybe Cow tongue. :puffy: Perhaps when the blender smoked a whole lot of it, he started seeing them. :mrgreen:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Supposed to have big nic hit. I think it's a marketing tool, it caught my attention.
Good Stuff, if your looking to try cigar blends, it may be the better one to start with. IMHO

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
CD does have some interesting animal based names on their tobaccos: Cross-eyed Crikets, Bow-legged Bear, Elegant Emu, Purple Cow, plus ducks and dogs. Most of the time it makes me think about Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I think it would be fun to one day start a tour of their animal blends, but I am still trying to catch up with perdurabo's other CD recommendations. There are some samples of Yorktown and Winchester in the mail as we speak.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
HU Dockworker. Tried it in four different pipes so far and it's sublime in all of them.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm a big fan of both Billy Budd and Big & Burley. I've never smoked Purple Cow, but have been considering it. Your review sparked my interest so I'll probably get a tin on my next order. Thanks for reinforcing my TAD.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Will give it a try - sounds good on Tob-review.
Purple cow... - that ones easy, it's packed near me!
and HU Dockworker? Where can I get that in the states? Shipping looked like 28EU at The Pipe Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.