PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
One of the biggest draws of owning a real Dupont is that you can brag you spent 600 plus on a lighter. I mean what kind of moron spends that on a lighter? I don't know, how about this jerk.

The first 6 on the left were all made by Dupont, the last is a cheapie IM Corona Old Boy. Back when I bought it I thought it was a steal as it was only around 130 or so,

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I, too, own a Fauxpont and have enjoyed its use for several years. I actually plan to purchase at least one more post-Pandemic. I was not going to add to this thread but, I felt that, I could not let it end on the point that, owning one of these is “wrong”.
I want to make clear that this is not a political observation but, it is a cultural observation. Some areas of the world do not believe that there is such thing as “ownership” of an intellectual property. I realize this is truly a “foreign “ concept to most of the western world. Am I wrong and robbing duPont if I purchase one of these? By Western sentiments, possibly, yes. We should, however, be aware that, a couple of billion people think otherwise.
An equivalent ‘what would you do‘ situation may be presented to us in the future, if Cuban brands of cigars, “owned” by the Cubans, become available in the US and face Altadis cigars with the same names. Of course, I know this will be a topic of litigation. But, ”the wrong” of owning one or the other of these cigars (as Obi-Wan would say) may be wrong or right from a “certain” point of view.

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
With all of the lighter chat, I decided to get a Chinese ST Dupont clone. It took about 3 weeks to get here and I got it yesterday.

It's a hefty lighter and I like that! After getting it filled, it has worked perfectly every time. Lights on the first spark. So far I'm quite pleased with my $35 ebay purchase.

View attachment 73221
What type of flame (not fuel) does it have?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For anyone with a real Dupont, you don't have to pay stupid money for those little gas cartridges they claim are the only things to use on them.
When you buy any good fuel like Vector, one of the attachments always works on a Dupont. I am sure that is true with the faux Duponts. Don't get robbed on their fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.