PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just snagged this thicc boi Mastro de Paja Brugo billiard from Mkelaw Pipes/Dave Neeb. Transaction couldn't have been better, so I want to encourage others to check him out if you haven't already.

Anyway, I wanted to get a bigger pipe, what I've seen SP refer to as a house, or comfort, pipe. This is one big ass bowl! The second pic shows it in comparison to my Radice canadian, a bigger pipe in its own right.

I did some reading before buying and it seemed like most of the folks here who own M de P pipes like them a lot. Hope I do too!

20200205_130528.jpg
20200205_130608.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mighty pretty pipe, like a Group 6-plus-plus. It's going to have some weight, but it's a sitting down and smoking for a good while pipe.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Rad! I had a great (and personable) experience buying from Dave as well. He is also a great pipe maker!
Yes! I was very impressed by his pipes. A bit out of my budget at the moment, but beautiful and fairly priced.
How long is an average smoke in something like that?
I don't know. 3 entire MB gum stick flakes only filled it to like 75% of capacity. If I smoke a full bowl of brown twist, I might die!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yes! I was very impressed by his pipes. A bit out of my budget at the moment, but beautiful and fairly priced.

I don't know. 3 entire MB gum stick flakes only filled it to like 75% of capacity. If I smoke a full bowl of brown twist, I might die!

Me too. There is a prince of his I desperately want, but at $300+ I just can’t do it.

Reactions: BROBS and danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Lol, a bowl of ODF filled to about 75% lasted me 2 hours. I imagine a full bowl of something like 1792 or Dark Flake probably would take 3 hours. It's crazy because the listed bowl dimensions didn't strike me as outlandish. 1 3/4" x 7/8" is even bigger than I'd assumed. Not a bad thing at all though

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

[/QUOT
Lol, a bowl of ODF filled to about 75% lasted me 2 hours. I imagine a full bowl of something like 1792 or Dark Flake probably would take 3 hours. It's crazy because the listed bowl dimensions didn't strike me as outlandish. 1 3/4" x 7/8" is even bigger than I'd assumed. Not a bad thing at all though

Good stuff man. Yep, find you a nice chair and take a 3 hour ride back to 1792. Congrats on your new pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.