New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I've been a forum member for several years, but I haven't posted in a long time if ever. I have a modest collection of 300ish pipes. The focus of my actual "collecting" has been mostly early KB&B/Kaywoodie & WWII era American non briar (mountain laurel, American briar, mountain briar etc.) but I also have a fair number of hand made and high grades as well. I also collect glass pipe furniture as well, Houze Forbes pipe rests to be specific but I'm interested in any antique glass pipe furniture.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
rustie, you might be interested to know there is a Colfax, N.C., pipe carver, Jerry Perry, who still works in Mountain Laurel, along with briar, maple, and the occasional exotic wood like cocobolo. He doesn't sell online, but only at the N.C. State Fair Village of Yesteryear in October, and at the TAPS pipe show, if it is held again some day, in April.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
rustie, you might be interested to know there is a Colfax, N.C., pipe carver, Jerry Perry, who still works in Mountain Laurel, along with briar, maple, and the occasional exotic wood like cocobolo. He doesn't sell online, but only at the N.C. State Fair Village of Yesteryear in October, and at the TAPS pipe show, if it is held again some day, in April.
Interesting, I did not know that anyone was still working American briar. As I understand it, it can be toxic if not cured properly. I've never actually smoked any of mine as most are unsmoked and I intend to keep them that way. I wouldn't mid having a new one to smoke.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Happy smokes from Northern Germany and welcome to this fine forum. puffy
Where in northen DE are you? I used to spend a lot of time in Bremerhaven. Now I'm usually in Wofertschwenden or Breidenbach. I never miss an opportunity to go to Pheifen Huber in Munich or Peter Heinrich's in Cologne, two of my all time favorite pipe shops.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Where in northen DE are you? I used to spend a lot of time in Bremerhaven. Now I'm usually in Wofertschwenden or Breidenbach. I never miss an opportunity to go to Pheifen Huber in Munich or Peter Heinrich's in Cologne, two of my all time favorite pipe shops.
Bremerhaven is not new to me, I live in a little town at the Weser just outside of Bremen.
I don't have any experience with real pipe shops so far, I only ever visited those Toto Lotto shops that sell magazines and such, together with a few pipes and pouches of pipe tobacco.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Bremerhaven is not new to me, I live in a little town at the Weser just outside of Bremen.
I don't have any experience with real pipe shops so far, I only ever visited those Toto Lotto shops that sell magazines and such, together with a few pipes and pouches of pipe tobacco.
If you find yourself near Cologne I highly recommend Heinrichs. Make sure you have some time though, there's a LOT of pipes there.

• Sad
Reactions: DrTeeth

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
If you find yourself near Cologne I highly recommend Heinrichs. Make sure you have some time though, there's a LOT of pipes there.
I barely leave the county and my focus lays more on the tobacco and what I can do with it. I follow some eBay pipe auctions for briar pipes but try to get more clay ones at the moment. There is this "pipe studio" in Bremen, not far from the main train station. I'd like to visit that place, apparently you can even sit down there with a good drink and sample some tobacco.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG