PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesofsteele

Lurker
Apr 12, 2016
Western Washington
According to an email from a communications consultant from Scandanavian Tobacco Group, recieved by Bradley of the STUFFandTHINGS YouTube channel, the new Peterson re-release of the Dunhill blends will make it's way to America by the end of 2019! Even earlier than previous rumors!! Hopefully, this is the case, but time will tell.

Here is the video URL:

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
In the meantime, the Robert McConnell versions of Dunhill blends are currently available online and at B&M stores. I just tried some Oriental Square (i.e. Durbar) at the recent CPCC meeting. Thought it tasted great. Haven't tried any of the others yet, but they seem promising based on reviews.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good news. Some won't find the new versions sufficiently like the old ones, but that can be true even when blends don't change ownership. Somehow I guessed correctly the the Dunhill blends would be back one way or another, just based on the fact that there was money left on the table with a customer base. I was insisting back when the public perception caused a run on the old Dunhill tins (still going on to some degree). Sure enough, someone decided they could make a fine profit on these recipes even if they had to change their name. I guess I've been reading the business pages long enough to make a good guess.

Reactions: anotherbob

pipesofsteele

Lurker
Apr 12, 2016
Western Washington
Which blends are on the list for reintroduction?

Not sure about what is coming to America, but what I have seen so far on European websites is Nightcap, EMP, My Mixture 965, Elizabethan, Flake, Deluxe Navy Rolls, Royal Yacht, and Standard Mixture. I'm assuming those are all making it to America, but can't say for sure. Sad there is no Durbar :(

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.