PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I ordered a few sleeves of the Dark Flake from SP and if I am reading the date codes correctly, they are from 2016. Did anyone else see the same with their order? I wold have thought the tins would be more recent as they just came back into stock. Any thoughts?
Edit: I am not complaining at all, I'm always happy to get tins with some age on them :)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's possible that they made a large quantity in anticipation of a strong release back in 2016. It has been a good, but not spectacular seller for us, so maybe they just made a lot more than was needed.
Russ

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/how-date-dunhill-tobacco
This is a link to dating Dunhill Tins (Post Murray's)

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
That's pretty cool I also received a few from a B&M today and they are also from 2016. I wonder if Dunhill only made the 1 run?

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
If it was tinned in 2016, why was it ever out of stock at multiple places for an extended period?

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Seeing how everybody was out of stock and thinking these were gone for good, I stocked up in March from Lil' Brown and those were '16 tins as well.

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
"Scandinavian says manufactured quantities are extremely low on Dunhill Flake, Dark Flake, and a handful of other blends, but production will continue in the coming weeks, so we’ll be on the lookout for them."
That was the word I got from one place I order from.
Now, could they have misheard, misinterpreted, or flat out BS'd me? Possibly.
Anyone who has been watching the slow death of Dunhill the past few years is fairly jaded at this report with the "this is the last of it" ...... "but wait, there's more!" cycle.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Yea, feel butt sore about buying from SP when a week later I could have bought more for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.