Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
I tried another go with this combo today. I didn't have as many relights and realized that when it went out after about 15-20 minutes it was probably done. Thus I didn't try that one last relight that gives a bad taste. :) I'm very pleased that I haven't had any issues with tongue bite.

Reactions: Bowie

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Is that the Huck Finn? Looks like it. I have one and I've smoked it quite a bit. It is a quick smoke, 20-30 minutes. I've smoked consecutive bowls in it with no problem.

It is a Huck Finn! The chamber is very small, I wouldn't even be able to stick a finger in it.

Reactions: Bowie

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
It’s been such a productive morning I decided to reward myself with a pipe back out on the balcony again. ?

You will soon have a long list of reasons to reward yourself with a pipe. My personal fave is, "because I smoked the previous bowl."

• Haha
Reactions: AlabamaDan

Wade H

Lurker
Jan 13, 2020
Glendale Arizona
Welcome to the pipe club, Dan! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your pipe tobacco. I've not tried Old Toby yet, that name is from The Lord of the Rings. Old Toby grew the first true Pipe Weed, as it's known in the Shire, how old Toby came across it, has been lost in memory, but story has it..... I digress, I'm glad you are avoiding the dreaded tongue bite. Just take it easy, and sip the smoke and you'll be fine. If you ever want a larger cob, the Missouri Meerschaum County Gentleman is a great value. They cost about $11, and can last indefinitely. I have several of them myself, and smoke them fairly often. Good luck with the new past time, it's kept me out of trouble for 40 years!

Reactions: AlabamaDan
Status
Not open for further replies.