PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Bought a new Ford Explorer this summer, the sport version. 365 hp V6, non tilt suspension, about a foot of ground clearance, AWD. I love the car after driving a Honda CR-V for 3 years (ugh). Quick acceleration is appreciated, but still slow compared to most motorcycles.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Glad to read that you're treating yourself right! Enjoy every mile! :clap:
BTW, do you find the interior layout -- I mean nooks and crannies -- to accommodate the pipe smoker? Like, a place to rest your pipe, lighter, tamper, etc.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ Ben88... I'm driving a 21 year old Ford F250 pile of...metal, and a 19 year old Chevy Tahoe pile of...metal, and a 9 year old Ford Escape pile of...metal. :nana:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Wow Stan, you certainly like your cars 8O
I drive a mere Skoda Fabia 1.4 five door hatchback. It does about 48 to the gallon...I'll bet you can't beat that with your humongous V8 engined behemoths :nana:
Actually I do love to hear the burble those giant engined US cars make. I was watching a US film last night (Out Of The Furnace) and there were several such cars in it.
Regards,
Jay.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Jay we do have another one, a 2012 Ford Fiesta that is the smallest and gets 30 something mpg. I drive it the most lately for it's new-ness and it's mileage. :mrgreen:

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
@ mcitinner1... Ford pickup trucks are ones of the best there is, whereas "regular" vehicles are much lower quality. GM is way better. IMO, of cause.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I like those half-sized, boxy "clown cars" that have appeared on the American market in the past few years. They make Skodas look luxurious by comparison.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Low gas prices make the Explorer a good ride right now. Plenty of room for your work, and good all-terrain set-up. A new car is one of my great guilty pleasures.

Status
Not open for further replies.