PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I just opened a tin of Brigham Acadian Blend, and I peeled back the label to find a different name.
003-578-0003.jpg
brigham-tudor.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This was true for a number of the Legend Series tobaccos at launch.
Here are some relevant threads from around the launch last year.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/brigham-legend-tobacco-blends
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/brigham-tobaccos
Here is what Brian Levine had to say about the re-branding.
Hi Guys,
Sorry I just saw this thread. The Brigham Legend Series is a re-branded series that was once exclusively sold in Canada. Prior to bringing it into the states we made the changes to the labels and the blend names so that the line would be acceptable on both sides of the border. The new labeling is going through the approval process in Canada now. The tobacco is the D-Series that has been available in Canada just, re-branded. Each of the 8 blends in the line are unique and blended for us in Germany by Reiner Will.
I hope that clears up any confusion.
Thanks,
Brian
PS: I can tell you the product that is available now has been in the tin already for over two years and stored in our climate controlled building. You can consider it "pre-aged"

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I took the 2nd link in Pruss' post above, and I see that Northernneil posted on this a year ago!

How I missed both of those threads is a mystery to me. 8O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I took the 2nd link in Pruss' post above, and I see that Northernneil posted on this a year ago!

How I missed both of those threads is a mystery to me. 8O
I think these threads originated when you were on that top-secret PipesMagazine.com Merchandise buying trip to China.
-- Pat
PS - Thanks for the Godbee and Levine bobble head dolls. They rock.

Dec 24, 2012
On a serious note, Tudor Mixture was a Elizabethan Mixture match.
And not just any match. Brigham commissioned RL Will of Solani fame to come up with his own interpretation of the venerable Dunhill blends. Some are better - I prefer Klondike Gold over the current Dunhill Flake, for instance. Some say Klondike is more like the old Murrays Dunhill Flake, which Will was trying to channel. Hudson's Bay is apparently a Royal Yacht interpretation, though I haven't tried it. I wonder if Pipestud has.

Dec 24, 2012
PS - Thanks for the Godbee and Levine bobble head dolls. They rock.
I like mine as well, though the Godbee bobble head is noticeably shorter than the Levine one and has much nicer foot ware. I am not sure if that was intended.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I like mine as well, though the Godbee bobble head is noticeably shorter than the Levine one and has much nicer foot ware. I am not sure if that was intended.
I thought the factory did a good job capturing the Brooks Bros. shirt on the Godbee and the wry grin on the Levine.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.