PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Folks, I did not know about Blakemar Briars -- nor its long and storied history -- until very recently, but I remedied that. I recently received this new Litchbruyere Woodstock. It's beautiful, and has a fatter shank than I've seen on most Zulu/Yachtsmen: tapered, almost snail-like. Mike also makes a Zulu shape and I'll confess that I don't know the difference.

Yesterday I loaded it for the first time with some Skiff Mixture, which I probably should've dried but did not, and it smoked wonderfully -- not a drop of moisture. Really pleased with the craftsmanship here. Check them out if you haven't yet: http://blakemar.co.uk/

blakemar-left-600x600.jpg

blakemar-top-600x600.jpg

blakemar-right-600x600.jpg

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Blakemar is the real deal. I have two of their Lovats and am always looking to add more to my collection before they are no more.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I have several blakemar pipes and all smoke well, Mike is very accommodating too.

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Mike says: "The stems on all of the pipes on the website are vulcanite (ebonite)

unless it is specifically mentioned on the individual listing."

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I recently received this new
Litchbruyere Woodstock. It's beautiful, and has a fatter shank than I've seen on most Zulu/Yachtsmen:
I'd go with zulu. Woodstocks tend to have a 1/8 bend and yachtsmen have a conical chamber and bowl. Very nice grab! :clap:

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Nice classical English-style pipes. I'm more of a Danish and/or Italian new-wave-style person, but these are indeed excellent pipes. I haven't checked their webpage in the last 3 years or so, but I think nothing has changed during this time.

Congrats for your new pipe, enjoy!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have the same pipe and a bulldog from them. A lot of bang for the buck. I introduced the brand to a friend and he now has 10 Blakemar's. That should say something about the marque.

Status
Not open for further replies.