PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
Im hearing noise online that the new Anni Kake from C.I is somehow different than the pre sale Anni Kake. Has anyone else heard this? If so, since Russ is still in charge, would this be a tempory problem?

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Russ is a great guy e mail or call up and ask him. If you find anything out post it here so we all can know, I was thinking of ordering another pound of the stuff next month.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The move in ownership has had absolutely no effect on Anniversary Kake. In fact, it has been made in the same location for the last two and a half years off site, so the move to our new location couldn't have had any impact. Could there be some change from batch to batch or year to year? Of course. Tobacco is like any other vegetation, so there will be changes from one growing season to the next.

Frankly, I think that observations of this sort are influenced by perception. Often, when folks hear that there's something different(ownership, location, etc.), they become more analytical and sense variations that may not exist. If you or anyone else has a problem with Anni Kake or any of the H&H tobaccos, please email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com or call me at 610-297-9051 x254. I try to check each shipment, but with over 50 blends and multiple shipments, I'd fry my tongue if I smoked everything, every time, so issues may slip past me. When we have had any difficulties, we've had great cooperation from our partners to make things right. Our customers are my best resource to track down problems if they exist. Thanks for bringing this to light.
Russ

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
In the last couple weeks I've had a few bowls each of some fresh and 1yr old...I was doing this to satisfy a personal question of how it ages...but I can answer you that in the case of the batch I recieved anout 3 weeks ago it hasnt changed enough to notice, if any. There were obviously differences because of the aging but no drastic change in my opinion

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
A highly recommended smoke to anyone, this is my only VaPer where you can really tell it's a VaPer, everything else is very straight VA (not that I am complaining). I use this smoke for celebrations, it seems very festive. Thanks for the quick update Russ.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
The move in ownership has had absolutely no effect on Anniversary Kake. In fact, it has been made in the same location for the last two and a half years off site, so the move to our new location couldn't have had any impact. Could there be some change from batch to batch or year to year? Of course. Tobacco is like any other vegetation, so there will be changes from one growing season to the next.

Frankly, I think that observations of this sort are influenced by perception. Often, when folks hear that there's something different(ownership, location, etc.), they become more analytical and sense variations that may not exist. If you or anyone else has a problem with Anni Kake or any of the H&H tobaccos, please email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com or call me at 610-297-9051 x254. I try to check each shipment, but with over 50 blends and multiple shipments, I'd fry my tongue if I smoked everything, every time, so issues may slip past me. When we have had any difficulties, we've had great cooperation from our partners to make things right. Our customers are my best resource to track down problems if they exist. Thanks for bringing this to light.
Russ
This is why Russ is da man and pipesandcigars.com is my goto online site!!!! Glad to hear that it's move wrinkles are now ironed out!!!!

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
I've had both recent and older vintages of Anniversary Kake and I haven't noticed any significant changes. I like the blend a lot, but I think Russ's best Virginia blend is still Virginia Spice. 8)

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
This is why Russ is da man and pipesandcigars.com is my goto online site!!!! Glad to hear that it's move wrinkles are now ironed out!!!!

+1 on Russ

On a good note I just received my replacement tin of Anniversary Kake today that was sent to me free of charge after getting a tin that was not "up to par" about a month ago.
On a bad note I finally gave up waiting on my tubs of PA as they are still on backorder since May and emailed them for a refund which I got an email today that they will be refunding my account for the monies that were charged to my account for the PA they did not have to ship with my order.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Heart drop post! I scream AK from the mountain and good to see that Russ (and Greg) just don't sit behind their companies but get out in social media not only for commercial reasons, but to stay in touch with thier people ;)
If anything Russ has jumped to the front line as far as C.I.-(P&C) goes. Not just blending but taking a major role in the entire operation. Great job Russ, and keep that AK rolling true! I've got boxes of jars sealed up and a few more ready to go. Russ if you ever find yourself too busy to test a batch of AK, feel free to send a few bowls, I'll give it a go.
Greg! "Navigator artwork for 8oz. went out... sometime after the Chicago show" umm have jars waiting on that too :)
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.