PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Hey from North Carolina. I had an "Asian tour" with the U.S. Navy, but didn't get to Japan. Some of the guys I served with, in our twenties, had been stationed in Japan and loved it. My current pastor is married to a Japanese woman he met there and wants to go back to retire. My Asian travels included coastal Vietnam during the war, Subic Bay Philippines where we were provisioned and supported, Taiwan, and Hong Kong which was pretty fabulous. Your experience serves as a reminder to us all; if you quit pipes, keep a rotation of pipes and a few blends; a lot of us quit and return over the years, sometimes several times. By luck, I have the first pipe I ever bought, a Tinder Box St. Ives house pipe, probably French made, still handsome and smoking well.
My wife is Vietnamese BTW. I met her a few years ago while I was in Saigon on vacation. Now we’re all in Japan (my wife and I and our two young boys). Our 5-year old is already speaking 3 languages. Yes about the pipes. I was a bachelor when I first started and bought some beautiful hand-made pipes. I miss them now as I sold them all. I guess the good point is that starting over had gotten me into a different angle: vintage pipes and a little more pipe history. I’m just dipping my toe in and only in a modest way but I’m enjoying it

Reactions: lightxmyfire

TravB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
Hello. I’m new here - from The States and living in Osaka for many years. I smoked pipes for a few years, quit, sold all my beautiful pipes and now recently started again (with much less money for pipes now that I’m married with kids). I’m looking forward to chatting, learning, posting, etc. Recently, I’ve been acquiring some old pipes on auction here in Japan and trying to learn about restoration. Thanks!
Welcome, from Texas!
Hello. I’m new here - from The States and living in Osaka for many years. I smoked pipes for a few years, quit, sold all my beautiful pipes and now recently started again (with much less money for pipes now that I’m married with kids). I’m looking forward to chatting, learning, posting, etc. Recently, I’ve been acquiring some old pipes on auction here in Japan and trying to learn about restoration. Thanks!
Welcome, from Texas!

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Welcome from Indiana!
I will be heading to Okinawa, Japan in a just a little less than a week.
Wondering if there are any good tobacco shops in that area that anyone knows of.