PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I think this one is broken or the batteries are dead or something, I’ve been smoking it for 20 minutes and the color hasn’t changed ?
That one came precolored. Meers don't normally color that way, they start at tge heel and work their way out.

Reactions: AJL67

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure the coloring of Embers' meers has something to do with all of those crystal skulls he has.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This was done in three months but the only real coloring is between the base of the bowl and shank.

View attachment 151534
I actually know, i read posts here and after you’ve told 7 people the same thing 12 times i remember. ?

As my friend and cigar brother Peter Noon was fond of saying when moderating Cigar Asylum (back when it was a booming site) “ The lost art of reading.” May he Rest In Peace.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I actually know, i read posts here and after you’ve told 7 people the same thing 12 times i remember.
Some think that discolored wax from a few smokes is their pipe coloring. I was smoking that one exclusively five times per day for three months just to get that band.

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Some think that discolored wax from a few smokes is their pipe coloring. I was smoking that one exclusively five times per day for three months just to get that band.
I almost said geez then thought yah i can see myself doing that, i am enjoying the meer experience and the weird taste isn’t a deal breaker though the first bowl i was spitting a lot. I’m interested in seeing that taste difference between briars and meer and if the difference is pronounced or more subtle.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I’m interested in seeing that taste difference between briars and meer and if the difference is pronounced or more subtle.
Once broken in, I don't notice much difference between the two. I mainly prefer the hand feel of meerschaum.

Reactions: AJL67

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Probably should've warned you about that one. Always blow through a new meerschaum to remove any residual dust.
Oh i read about it and wiped the bowl first and blew through the stem and ran a pipe cleaner though it, expected the interesting chalky taste, just got to be a bit much for my … super sensitive palate .. ? Had some strong hot tea to drink which did end up helping.

Reactions: Chasing Embers