PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
A new AKB meer caught my eye on SPC. I messaged their customer service asking about the tenon type and apparently AKB have shifted completely away from screw in tenons and do only push pull. Does anyone have experience with these newer AKBs and if you do how is the draw? Is it less constricted?

Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m talking to a customer service rep now and he’s saying that all new stock AKBs are push-pull. Do you find the draw to be more open on your push pull one?
AKB is a distributor for independent artisans whereas IMP is a collective workshop. Unless they are only buying pipes from a particular artisan now, I don't see how that's possible. I would still ask for photos. They told me this was an IMP when there were no stem logos and I've never known IMP to do a figural.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
AKB is a distributor for independent artisans whereas IMP is a collective workshop. Unless they are only buying pipes from a particular artisan now, I don't see how that's possible. I would still ask for photos. They told me this was an IMP when there were no stem logos and I've never known IMP to do a figural.

I really appreciate the reply man. They customer service rep said that because their customer service offices and warehouse are temporarily not in the same place that a picture would not be possible right now. I don’t want to get something I’ll have to send back and I don’t like having any pipes sitting around that I don’t use. I have store credit though so the pipe wouldn’t cost me much but I’m not sure about it. I might just hold off.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I really appreciate the reply man. They customer service rep said that because their customer service offices and warehouse are temporarily not in the same place that a picture would not be possible right now. I don’t want to get something I’ll have to send back and I don’t like having any pipes sitting around that I don’t use. I have store credit though so the pipe wouldn’t cost me much but I’m not sure about it. I might just hold off.
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my AKB's with the screw in inserts, just have to pack them a bit lighter.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I really hate sending anything back because of the potential of loss or damage. If I'm not 100% comfortable I would pass.

YMMV...
Yeah I ended up passing. I’ll just get another altinay when the time comes. I’m very satisfied with the one I have. No need to switch brands.