PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I purchased four pipes from Marty Pulvers over at Pulversbriar.com. Very nice fellow and responded very quickly to my inquiry about the pipes, at midnight nonetheless. Anyways here are the pipes and his description of them. They shipped today (Wednesday) so I should be getting them by Saturday at the latest. I bought them just in the nick of time as it seems someone bought all of the other lots with multiple pipes in them.
FourPipes.jpg

From the left, a Savinelli-made "Antique Shell" in a yachtsman

shape, in near-new cond. To its right is a BBB in good cond.,

with a wide-open draw and orig. stem. To its right is a Danish

Sand in exc. cond. with open draw and finally a Wally Frank

White Bar (which is why Castello came into the country with that

old inserted diamond logo) Second, although I do not see what

is 'second' about it. It appears to have very handsome grain.
I also was lucky enough to have a fellow brother of the briar offer to send me two pipes and they should be in the mail this week as well.
Collegiate Century Old Custom Made Rhodesian

000_0003-3.jpg

Ascot Italy (Sorry about the blur it is how he photographed it)

000_0002-3.jpg

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Wallbright...you are hitting home runs!!! I have a 4 panel very similar to the one you just acquired.. Great smoker and I love it.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Well, Wallbright....you are doing yourself proud...a fine looking collection of briars...Enjoy!

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Six pipes in a week? You must have taken Sunday or Tuesday off.

Marty has some good pipes in his Specials page.

Congratulations.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks guys. He certainly does have great pipes in his specials section. I purchased the set of four pipes for $40. Which to me is a hell of a deal. I wanted to buy a lot of 5 pipes for $30 but someone, since I last checked Tuesday, has bought all of the multiple pipe lots haha. Probably a good thing so that I am not tempted to purchase anymore. I also got lucky and caught Marty before he headed off to the pipe show because he won't be back now until the 9th.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thank you guys for all the compliments. I am getting more excited now that they should be here by tomorrow. I will upload actual pictures when they come. I hope they smoke as well as they look and at $10 each I am not to worried if they don't.
Six pipes in a week? You must have taken Sunday or Tuesday off.

Marty has some good pipes in his Specials page.

Congratulations.
Haha I should have picked up one more for a full 7 day rotation. I currently only have a 6 day rotation plus some random pipes I am trying to fix up to sell. I am excited to add these and hopefully have a true 7 day rotation because I tend to smoke more than one pipe a day.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Nice! I hope they are good smokers. I also got "lucky" this week, but I'm trying to wait until it's in hand before it get too excited. But it's hard...
Simon

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I don't know why I keep clicking on these kinds of threads ( banging head on concrete wall ). PAD is kicking in bigtime. Nice pipes BTW

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I just got the pipes. I LOVE them. The Savinelli does have a couple of sand pits on the heel of the pipe but nothing that compromises its integrity or smoking integrity. The bulldog also has an ugly side and what appears to be some drops of paint or something but I can't complain at this price. It will just be one of my beater pipes. I have a hard time choosing which ones will be my beater pipes as I have mostly inexpensive pipes so this makes it easier haha. I am smoking the danish sand and loving it. It has a thick bowl and the top is beautiful. Finally, the white briar looks amazing and I don't see why it was labeled a second other than it has a spot where the grain is barely bare (if that makes sense). Overall, I am VERY happy with my purchases from Marty and he even included a personal note in the package (I believe this is standard but a very nice addition to the buying process). I highly recommend dealing with Marty for your next purchase (not to discredit the retailers here at all). He has a wide range of pipes from $1,000+ to a specials section where I picked up these beauties.
I am still waiting to receive the other two from my friend.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
wallbright,
Look for a product called Goo Gone to remove the paint without harming the finish. You should find it in most hardware or department stores. It's also excellent for removing tar from rims and cleaning grime and hand oil from pipes. Great for removing price sticker residue.

Status
Not open for further replies.