PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The best advice I gave a fellow smoker was when Cosmic was complaining of a tight draw, I told him to pull his pipe out of his ass and put it in his mouth. He could't have been more grateful.

• Haha
Reactions: mau1
Last year's tobacco harvest and blends that I made, I took to my pipe club, and I let the guys try them and help me name them. Two of the guys were Deadheads, and they ended up being called, Chinacat, and Franklins. I know a few of the Dead's songs, but I really don't know all of them, like these guys did.
So, I mailed samples out to members here to try, and one reviewer told me that he liked them, but was wondering if I had added patchouli to them, ha ha. Power of suggestion.,

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That is a great analogy. It's basically how I treat every situation. I have a friend who's choosing to get married to someone all of us hate....I'm using this analogy as we speak....she's really shitty to him, but he didn't ask for anyone's advice. I've been biting my tongue for 3 years now...
If you ask me not every situation calls for this let them make their own mistakes. In a situation like that I'd say something. Not something like you're making a mistake and you're gonna f up your life (even though that sounds like the stakes). I say it's more of a say your peace and then shut up about it. You know just a little "hey I think she treats you like shit and I don't say anything out of respect, but you have to know I think you deserve to not be treated like shit", "you are a big boy and can do what you want, but don't think our silence means we agree or think you deserve to be abused and taken advantage of". Sure you shouldn't harp on it or make him think you're proposing a it's us or her situation. But they deserve at least to know you already saw it when that great little moment of clarity breaks through, it will make it a lot easier to get the heck out when they wake up." That's my opinion. Yeah let people live their lives but don't make them think you're kosher with b.s. or let them ride their horse off a damn cliff.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I do this for my daughters also, but I've told them all that I get one speech. When I don't approve of one of their friends or "interests," they have to hear me out one time, where I tell them my concerns, but then after that I will keep my trap shut. But, luckily, my daughters tend to take my advice, so that I don't have to hold in anything unsaid after that. I've got really good girls.
I second that stance. What amazes me if you harped on the guys I promise your daughters wouldn't take your advice. It's amazing how little differences work, opinions are fine telling people what to do not so fine.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Status
Not open for further replies.