PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
I'm not sure I understand your request. Do you mean where does it fit in that nonsensical Dunhill grouping system? I don't have the vaguest. Those Dunhill groupings are based on how large the initial block of wood was that the pipe is made from and is absolutely inane to what I look for in a pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Greetings ladies and gents,

I just bought the pipe in the link below. Could anyone explain the grouping system used with Neerup/Jeppesen pipes? I'm not exactly sure which grouping this pipe is and I'd really be interested to know. Thanks a bunch!

Neerup P. Jeppesen Handmade Ida Easy Cut Smooth Tomato (5) | Buy Neerup Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/neerup/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=383515

-The Doctor
That's a large group 3 or a small group 4.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
The numeric designation on Neerups is a grade designation, I believe. They are all big and bigger sized, and due to their chunky danish semi-freehand nature, the Dunhill grouping size doesn't really apply. But I believe that you got a grade 5, based on grading the briar quality/aesthetics.

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
The numeric designation on Neerups is a grade designation, I believe. They are all big and bigger sized, and due to their chunky danish semi-freehand nature, the Dunhill grouping size doesn't really apply. But I believe that you got a grade 5, based on grading the briar quality/aesthetics.
Thank you. So, is grade 1 the best quality then?

Status
Not open for further replies.