Need Nicotine Strong Bulk Blends

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I enjoy higher nicotine blends, as I've said many times on here. I'm not sure I would equate "inhaling a cigar" with the same kind of enjoyment that can come from smoking Dark Flake or a twist... but ok. It's definitely in interesting response.

I mean, I don't smoke Dark Flake, twists, or the big burleys all day... but it has it's place, and I find it delicious.

You know, pipe smoking hasn't always been about low nic Virginias. Hell, before the 1850's and the discovery f flue curing, there were no low nicotine blends. It would have been big booming burleys. Clay pipes and strong tobaccos. The founding fathers didn't set around folding and stuffing low nic Virginias with their pinkies up. Nope, they were smoking the deepest blackest burleys. And, I think that these have their places in our selection of tobaccos.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I like C&D Big'n'Burley, Dark Burley, Bayou Night, Tuggle Hall, and Stratfordshsire, and I have heard Burley Flake #1 (tinned) is said to be sturdy and good.
I love BF#1 & 3, I just wish they came in bulk. I have a pound of their dark Burley, and will probably be getting a couple oz whole leaves of perique and DFK for my own blending purposes. If I can ever manage to make a super strong blend that comes out good, I'll share it with whoever is interested.

As for Big n Burley, I need to give it another shot. I just got 2 oz a year or so back and wasn't giving with it, don't know why.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I like Hoosiers idea of chopping cigars. You could press these first so they resemble birds eye coins, and it might bring out some more sweetness.

Have you tried experimenting with how you smoke?

Maybe you need something like strang? Appreciate its hard to get stateside, so try making some boom juice for your blends by mixing WLT perique and dark fired 50:50
I've tried every method of putting cigars in pipes, it never quite tastes very good. Haven't tried pressing coins and rubbing them out though, that's an idea. I have a bunch of cigars I rolled that are too tight to smoke, they would be the perfect candidate for this idea. And what's strang and boom juice?

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
D&R Ryback is a great high-nic DFK and burley blend. And it's cheap. G&H Dark Birdseye is another one. You're also doing well with C&D OJK (and why are so many tobacco manufacturers "X&Y"?)

Reactions: Effortlessdepths
I've tried every method of putting cigars in pipes, it never quite tastes very good.
Russ Ouellette tells us that we get a large portion of the flavor of the cigar from the leaf touching our lips, and I'd have to agree. I like to put the butts in my pipe to finish off the last little bit, and there is definitely a difference in flavors when I do that. But, I do like cigar blends for pipes... I just don't ever expect them to be just like cigars though.

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
D&R Ryback is a great high-nic DFK and burley blend. And it's cheap. G&H Dark Birdseye is another one. You're also doing well with C&D OJK (and why are so many tobacco manufacturers "X&Y"?)
Yep, hot a pound of Ryback and 2 of OJK, and I have a few oz dark birdseye. Looking for more, possibly stronger blends

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
And what's strang and boom juice?
Strang:

I always thought it was a rope made 50:50 with perique and dfk, seems I’m mistaken.

By ‘boom juice’ i meant making a blending component you can add to blends to increase the nic.

With your rustica leaf, are you trying to run it through a shredder or using a knife?

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Strang:

I always thought it was a rope made 50:50 with perique and dfk, seems I’m mistaken.

By ‘boom juice’ i meant making a blending component you can add to blends to increase the nic.

With your rustica leaf, are you trying to run it through a shredder or using a knife?
Ive been using a knife, and I cut it really really thin and it still won't burn. I might need to dry it EVEN MORE, I left it out a full 12 hours

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Ive been using a knife, and I cut it really really thin and it still won't burn. I might need to dry it EVEN MORE, I left it out a full 12 hours
I’m not familiar with rustica varieties, but with all my whole leaf and homegrown I dry out completely and then rehydrate each bowl prior to smoking by a quick gentle blow through the top of the chamber