PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2020
I totally get your situation. I almost gave up cigar smoking after my 2nd was born.

Reactions: tobefrank

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The aged high value blends you have could be sold on here easily giving you 100% profit if you do not mind the work. If you do not want the hassle of shipping then pipestuds 35% take or the Chicago show table, hotel, travel expenses may be your route.

Personally I would sell it on here and take my time about it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The aged high value blends you have could be sold on here easily giving you 100% profit if you do not mind the work. If you do not want the hassle of shipping then pipestuds 35% take or the Chicago show table, hotel, travel expenses may be your route.

Personally I would sell it on here and take my time about it.
That's what I'd do with the higher value blends such as Christmas Cheer, Esoterica, Astley's 44, Campaign Brigade Dark Flake and a few others. If priced reasonably at all, they would sell rather quickly. I am comfortable you'd net more than you would by selling through Pipestud. That's not a knock on Steve, 35% is very reasonable I think.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Just make sure you don't regret selling some of the more rare blends. You never know if you may pick up the pipe again a bit later in life, maybe when your kids are a bit older.

A lot of those blends will become irreplaceable over time.

Yeh, I set back a BUNCH of Esotericas in the beginning, which was the worst decision I made. Stonehaven and Penzance just went to crap. I may be giving mine away soon, unless I can find a way to make it more palatable. Both are great fresh, but aged... phhhht.
I jarred mine though, so I don't think selling it would be worth the try. Plus, I hate selling tobacco.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Yeh, I set back a BUNCH of Esotericas in the beginning, which was the worst decision I made. Stonehaven and Penzance just went to crap. I may be giving mine away soon, unless I can find a way to make it more palatable. Both are great fresh, but aged... phhhht.
I jarred mine though, so I don't think selling it would be worth the try. Plus, I hate selling tobacco.
BTW, My Esotericas have been claimed. So, no more PM's please

Status
Not open for further replies.