Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Thanks a lot for your help... I will check it immediately
No worries, this was a Billiard I bought from a forum member here, and then sold here on the forum, and I’ve been looking ever since for a replacement.

His pipes are awesome!

EC07146E-706A-4EEA-ADCD-7384BD57778E.jpeg

By the way, in case you didn’t know, no offense to SPC, but you’d pay $200-$300 more from them, a lot cheaper at Tabaccheriacorti.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
Are those really tiny Eltang mini pipes for more experienced smokers? Do they easily smoke too hot if you are not carefull?
I was looking for small Castello pipe but Bay Denmark and Tom Eltang has nice minipipes that are much more easily available than Castello.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not ultra-light as you describe, but a full size bowl and chamber on a decidedly light weight pipe are the Kaywoodie Saxons. and several other of their series. Not weightless, but decisively light, and with thin chamber walls that still insulate well. It's like a magic trick. I guess it's the briar they use, but they still keep the price really low.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I haven't read this entire long thread, so please forgive me if I repeat something. In scanning this thread I noticed all the pics of straight pipes with very long stems. I think you guys are forgetting your physics. Leverage is as important as weight. A light weight pipe with a very long stem can "feel" heavier in the mouth than a pipe that weights much more but has a short stem. A good way to use leverage in your favor is with a bent stem, which, all else equal, will feel lighter that a straight. Of all the standard shapes I would say an Oom Paul would feel the lightest (that's if you don't mind smoke up your nose and in your eyes). Or a more reasonable choice might be a half bent. A meerschaum is usually pretty light. I'm no fan of corn cobs but I guess they would be among the lightest too. puffy

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
Are those Tom Eltang mini pipes and Bay Denmarks small pipes designed to certain kind of pipe tobacco?
Do they work well with any kind of pipe tobacco?

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I would also like to ask about chamber size. Small pipes usually have small diameter chambers. Are they more suitable for virginias or can I smoke also english blends?
I am just beginner who is looking for good quality pipe that can be used for testing/enjoying many kinds of tobacco.

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
I would also like to ask about chamber size. Small pipes usually have small diameter chambers. Are they more suitable for virginias or can I smoke also english blends?
I am just beginner who is looking for good quality pipe that can be used for testing/enjoying many kinds of tobacco.
Hi
You know, I think you will understand which pipe suitable for different sorts of tobacco. It just time you need to understand that.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian