PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, I have finally reached that point that after 20+ years of smoking a pipe I believe I have collected and culled my collection to pretty much the shapes, sizes and weights that I like. I currently have no wet smoking pipes and have enough "work" pipes that I can afford to drop the odd one in the lake like this summer and not cry too loudly if it were to get lost. There are two pipes though that I would like to have prior to ending my collection and would love to get some help from the membership here with one of them. The pipe I am looking for is a Savinelli Year 2000 Pipe of the year. I have admired this pipe since it was on the front cover of Pipes and Tobacco magazine in the early 90's being smoked by Gerald McCraney. I have posted a picture of the pipe. If anyone knows someone who has one they would sell, or any of our online retailers know of a source I will pay any reasonable amount to complete my collection. I would prefer a smooth pipe as I know some are rusticated panels and really would rather have a slight bend as shown in the picture.
Thanks for the assistance guys!
Piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
It appears the picture that I tried to post didn't show up. Hopefully this time it will work.

onepyrotec

Preferred Member
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=H&srch=KW&item=sav2000d this one almost fits the bill, I can't say I blame you for wanting the one you want vs. the pipe in the link.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
Those are the ones, except I was really hoping to get a bent version. Call me fussy but if its my last pipe purchase I would really like it to be the one I have been thinking about for 13 years now.

jarit

Jul 2, 2013
Achim Frank's shop in Germany seems to have one.

http://www.pfeifenstudio-frank.de/Pfeifen_neu/Savinelli/savinelli.htm
Scroll down to about mid page.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
After some research and help from Mike Glukler I have discovered that the pipe I am looking for is a 1996 120th Anniversary Savinelli. Now if only I could find one for sale that didn't involve a plane to Germany! LOL

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
I have a German friend who could put me up for a couple weeks you might just have something there teufelhund!

andystewart

Preferred Member
Jan 21, 2014
Knew I'd seen one somewhere - here you go - http://www.estatepipeshop.co.uk/savinelli-120-anni?search=savinelli 12
Dean at the Estate Pipe Shop is a great guy; I've bought a number of pipes from him and also used him for repairs and resto's. I live in England and I'm happy to help you get this - just PM me.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.