PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I would like to buy a pre transition classic straight billiard Barling, group seize either 2 or 3 .
I am looking on Ebay, but cant find one, they are either in pretty bad condition, or too expensive(600-900 USD).
Not much success on Smokingpipes.com as well

Are there any other sites, where I should look?

Last edited by a moderator:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I would like to buy a pre transition classic straight billiard Barling, group seize either 2 or 3 .
I am looking on Ebay, but cant find one, they are either in pretty bad condition, or too expensive(600-900 USD).
Not much success on Smokingpipes.com as well

Are there any other sites, where I should look?
Patience is your friend. Eventually a nice example will show up. eBay is where I found a number of my Barlings, as well as private purchases from other collectors, online dealers, and pipe shows.

You're looking for an "L" or "SM" sized Barling if you're wanting a group 2 to 3. I don't know why, but the market can be dry for months, only to suddenly get a flurry of good pipes.

Besides eBay, check out pulverspriorbriar.com and briarblues.com. Also, attend a pipe show. You may find just what you're looking for.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Patience is your friend. Eventually a nice example will show up. eBay is where I found a number of my Barlings, as well as private purchases from other collectors, online dealers, and pipe shows.

You're looking for an "L" or "SM" sized Barling if you're wanting a group 2 to 3. I don't know why, but the market can be dry for months, only to suddenly get a flurry of good pipes.

Besides eBay, check out pulverspriorbriar.com and briarblues.com. Also, attend a pipe show. You may find just what you're looking for.

Had never heard of prior briar before. There are some sexy pipes and sexy prices in there.

Celius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2019

Thanks! I agree and will cgeck the site out.
What letter would be on a group 1 suze barling?

I also cant find a shape chart anywhere.
Does the numbers on the pre transition ones correspond to specific shapes?

Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.