PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Hey everyone I was looking around on eBay and I happened across a pipe called a Necron Cob

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331192918363?nav=SEARCH

Maybe the link will go through.Anyway I was just wondering if anybody knows what a Necron cob is and how they stain them that color.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Looks like someone took a Missouri Meerschaum cob, carved a couple of grooves in it, and painted it to look like a prop from Harvey Dent's wardrobe in a Batman cartoon... :D

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Necrons are a race of sentient machines in the Warhammer 40.000 universe, they are normally depicted with some sort of green energy and gun metal or black armored carapace.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Ah, right, Warhammer 40K - that's where I'd heard the term before.
The description itself lists the pipe as a "Missouri Meerschaum", so it does appear to be an aftermarket custom job.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you lumberjak that answers my question.i really like the style of the pipe but all the stain/paint makes me worry about the quality of the smoke.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Plastered, painted and shellacked ... that should destroy all of the cobs natural powers!
Mwuahahahahahahaaaa ... Necron Pipe Strikes Again! :nana:

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Never thought I would read a post on Necrons here, let alone see so many fans of 40K. Brings back memories from 9-10 years ago. [sitting with one of my cobs clenched while I type this]

Status
Not open for further replies.