PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The principle of not wanting to sell tobacco products to minors I understand and support. As a practical matter, most adults work during delivery hours, or sleep for the late shift. And retirees in sufficient health are off and doing things, so this throws "delivery" off to customer pick-up, or delivery by appointment, each of which has multiple obstacles. If the object is to markedly reduce tobacco sales, this is a plan. If it purports to be impartial on the issue, it is a fraud, in my humble opinion. Good luck to UPS; I think they are reducing their business.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Blech. I go for USPS whenever possible. They deliver to my house between 10am and Noonish.

UPS never delivers to me before 3pm. I work at 2pm so that creates an inconvenience I’d rather avoid.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I got in a new lighter and a bunch of pipe cleaners the other day and the USPS guy just dropped it at my front door no signature, He couldn't have known there was no tobacco and the package had the SP sticker attached.

Reactions: Bowie

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I just have everything shipped to my business...not that there’s anyone there who qualifies as an adult. ?

Reactions: Bowie

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My orders from Esterval’s have always been incredibly well packed, to the point of being almost ludicrous. They’re usually largish orders so that may help. Sounds like there are no constants.
My last ordeer was pretty good sized as well, but no buffering between the box and the tins, so when the box got smacked, the neighboring tin took the hit.

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
I received a tobacco shipment from P&C last week that had a big sticker on it declaring that it contained tobacco products, and an adult signature was required. Guy just left it. But, that may have more to do with UPS' temporary policy of having the drivers sign for this stuff during the pandemic. Also, the driver is our regular guy and he's delivered cases of wine here, so he knows who lives here.

Now, I'm expecting a shipment from BnB tomorrow, and this is the first time the tracking info specifies an adult signature is required. Despite the sticker on the P&C box last time, the UPS tracking info didn't say a signature was required.

So, I checked the UPS tracking info for tomorrow's BnB order, and I see this:
Screenshot_20200605-171244-01.jpeg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Packages from Paylesscigars have usually been UPS---21+ signature required. Fine by me except the driver would always show up during work hours so nobody was ever home to sign for the parcels. And there were often miscommunications when I tried to get the packages to stay put so I could pick them up. For whatever reason something that seems uncomplicated often became an endless hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.