Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
I thought that thread indicated it was a USPS delivery.

True, but UPS is not the only domino that has fallen for tobacco retailers. States have increased their restrictions on the delivery of tobacco products and even cities are trying to get in on the act. To expect a retailer to be flawless with this type of changing and conflicting regulation enforcement is unreasonable.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ok, but for the sake of clarity, that thread specifically stated that he paid extra for priority shipping, and that it was USPS from the beginning.

He also stated toward the end of the thread that P&C acknowledged to him that they put a signature requirement on it by their own mistake.

EDIT: And yeah, I know, first world problems (I guess we're still first world).

Last edited:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ok, but for the sake of clarity, that thread specifically stated that he paid extra for priority shipping, and that it was USPS from the beginning.

He also stated toward the end of the thread that P&C acknowledged to him that they put a signature requirement on it by their own mistake.

Ahh, well in that case, get out the torches and pitchforks and leave no one alive. Let the punishment fit the crime.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018

Again, true, and I take the poster at face value. But, in my exchanges with P&C's CSR and Shipping departments those two units do not communicate with efficiency. My guess is that the CSR was trying to satisfy a customer complaint by accepting responsibility and apologizing which P&C did.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ahh, well in that case, get out the torches and pitchforks and leave no one alive. Let the punishment fit the crime.

But that would require leaving the house.

Personally I have no strong feelings toward P&C pro or con...but I thought it worthwhile to clarify what was said in that thread.

I've never had any major issues with P&C myself...only complaint would be that pretty much every single order I've ever received from them, including fairly recently, was packed very poorly.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But that would require leaving the house.

Personally I have no strong feelings toward P&C pro or con...but I thought it worthwhile to clarify what was said in that thread.

I've never had any major issues with P&C myself...only complaint would be that pretty much every single order I've ever received from them, including fairly recently, was packed very poorly.

P&C's packing is crap. It's always been crap. It is likely to always be crap. SP is slightly better, but not brilliant. Esterval's is OK, again, not brilliant. I've never had a shipment from any dealer that was well packed, just some less poorly packed than others. And I've gotten dented tins from all of them. It's an inconvenience, not a tragedy. This doesn't merit my outrage.

Your house burning to the ground because the professional arsonist picked the wrong address, finding out that your kids caught some fatal disease at school and will croak out before the weekend, your dog decides she hates you and chews through the keepsake Patek Philippe your father gave you before he disappeared in the Amazon jungle, your best friend in the world is killed in a plane crash while flying in for your wedding because the airline was scrimping on maintenance, you find out that you're losing your eyesight and there's little that can be done, those are be tragedies, not inconveniences. There's a difference.

So, yeah, when I think about it, people here vent mightily over inconveniences like they're tragedies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
They shipped to your location?? ?

I thought they discriminated against us.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I've always been under that impression!

I see...not sure how that occurred...glad it's cleared up.

The internet is often good for creating wrong perceptions.

I have had Canadian bacon before though, if that counts for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.