PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
This year's NASPC Show was my first pipe show. I was so concerned about not buying on impulse that I ended up not buying any pipes at all. There was one table, full of Castello pipes, that kept drawing me back. Actually, it was two pipes in particular that kept me returning. I must have handled each at least a half dozen times. I kept saying to myself that one of them was "the perfect pipe", but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Luckily for me, I took the vendor's card. I haven't been able to get the pipe out of my head since the show. Finally, I called the shop and, lo' and behold, they still had the pipe. I was offered a 10% discount, and I couldn't resist the pull any longer. So I bought my NASPC show pipe, a couple of months late. It's a Castello Old Antiquari Dublin, in a style I don't see very often, with a plateau rim and with the front of the bowl taller than the back.

GRGqI9w.jpg

R25uPGk.jpg

iSsia8d.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Beautiful Dublin, my Castellos are some of my very favorite pipes, that blast is lovely. You chose well, just don’t hem and haw so much next year, I find that the pipes I really like don’t stay around very long, it’s now or never, quite often.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, you chose a beauty! I bet every example didn't have that grain. Castello sure knows how to do a freehand when they have their mind set. I like the lower rear section, that avoids scorching the bowl top by my use. Savor that one!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Thanks, all. Al, I agree! I just couldn't pass it up. Castello makes plenty of Dublins, but I rarely see them in this configuration. And it's a smaller Castello! Can't wait to meet it in person! # Doing the "pee-pee dance"!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
As the kids these days would say, "you're woke and that pipe is bae."

What the heck does that even mean??? Lol! Thanks! It was love at first sight, but I was to nervous to take her home, but at least I got her number and now we will be together 'til death do us part!

Status
Not open for further replies.