PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I'll be there behind the Missouri Meerschaum table. Columbus is my favorite show, I can't wait to catch up with old friends.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I'm thinking I should bring some tobacco to share, maybe some 2007 OJK and/or Stonehaven or Woodbridge. I don't know how much to bring though! Does anyone know if Roberto Ascorti comes to this show? I would love to meet him!

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
I'm planning to be at the Barclay table Saturday morning for a while. They are carrying some of my freehands.

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
Do you have to be a member to an NAPCS member to attend or get in? I am planning on signing up at the show, which I assume I could do. Looking forward to it as there isn't a whole lot that's close in my southern Indiana hometown.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
No sir, the NASPC Show is like most other pipe shows held around the country. They encourage walk-in traffic. Of course, signing up for an NASPC membership is a good idea anyway as it helps promote and support our hobby.
Pipestud

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Actually, while many of the private vendors accept cash only, almost all of the professional vendors accept cash, checks, PayPal and credit cards.
More and more of the private vendors are also accepting PayPal since it is so easy to transfer funds. I've often had someone purchase from my table at a show that way. They are standing right in front of me as they use their cell phone to PayPal transfer funds directly into my PayPal account. As soon as I see that the funds are deposited by using the PayPal app on my cell phone, I give the buyer his purchase(s), we shake hands and that's that.
Pipestud

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
@bostoneo Sure is! That's when all the cool kids show up!
Jokes aside, there is a soft opening on Friday where you can see the tables before the good stuff is gone. It gives you time to relax, hobnob with some great folks, and enjoy a drink or two.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Friday night is fun.... not every vender will be there or be set up yet. But you get a preview, you can do some purchasing and you might even find yourself having a beer with some carvers/vendors/new pipe friends.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
Looks like if I'm able to make it I won't be getting there until 230/3 on Saturday. Too late or still worth the trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.