PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
My latest package has been sitting at Canadian Customs for 10 days. Just got word from Rich that it was leaving Montreal today. Sounds like a duty payment in the near future for me.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
That'd be my guess. I had one package sit in customs that long.

Another time I got nailed for some Snus, and the package was only delayed by a day.
Hopefully the damage isn't too bad. I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat next week.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Yes sure sounds like it. I find they get the calculation wrong half the time (often double what it should be) and I end up sending it back for a reassessment. Then it works out.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
On the other hand, we have entered the holiday season with a spike in shipping volume.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
It's pretty common at this time of year for packages to get held up in customs. It nothing more than a back log. No need to fret or speculate.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I swear, every year at this time, I vow to avoid online shopping for pipe stuff because of the sheer volume of things in the mail, delays, etc.
But then I see the sales, and the stuff I'm after is in stock, and my brain has been marinating in Black Friday adverts, and I snap :lol:

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
In Alberta, I just placed my first order from SPC, is it usual to not get a tracking number?

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
[My apologies to mods and site owner, in advance. I accept full responsibility for my own opinion and its consequences to me . But it is based on experience with this vendor.]

4noggins sez:

No need to fret or speculate.

I want no association with, or nothing to do with, this sleazeball of a retailer's thoughts on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.