Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Country Squire Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivapewithfire

Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
I've only been smoking a pipe for about a month.
My wife's grandfather was a pipe smoker. I don't know what he smoked, but it was some type of cherry aromatic.
Of course my wife has all kinds of nostalgic memories with the cherry aromatic blends I have been trying.
I lit up a bowl of Captain Black regular this evening.
She walked in the door from shopping and said "Are you making brownies?"
I don't know that's what I would call it, but I believe I've got the Ms.'s approval for smoking that one in the house.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Some blend a full strength blend with a good room note aromatic to give more tobacco flavor.

I've found a few aros that have some tobacco forward aspects, but I enjoy non-aros most.

jmsutton

Feb 11, 2014
The tobacco that my wife loves the most is Carter Hall. I buy things that sounds like stuff that she would love, but everytime I open a pouch of CH she always says "mmm... that's my favorite that you smoke."

drew

Jan 13, 2014
my wife hates the Captain, and I can take it or leave it so no problem there

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I just read my post (above) on the thread, and I have no idea what the first sentence means! It

sounds like I am speaking/writing English as a second language. I must have been distracted

or falling asleep. Sorry.
Good flavor with a good room note describes Peterson Special 2013 Reserve. I sent a sample to

a Forums friend, and he agrees, at least on the flavor part.

yaddy306

Preferred Member
Aug 7, 2013
Some blend a full strength blend with a good room note aromatic to give more tobacco flavor.
MSO: I'll translate for you. "Some people mix a full-strength tobacco with an aromatic, so they can have good tobacco taste plus a nice room note."

Status
Not open for further replies.