PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah, today my wife turned lucky double 7s and so I grilled her a nice steak, made her a couple of Martinis (her idea) and got out her old Peterson from about the same year as her birthday, a pre-republic. She smoked some Whiskey Biscuit Gravy (again her choice) and we had a great old time right at home. Sometimes it's the little pleasures that mean the most.
img_0952-469x600.jpg

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Long time no talk Orley. Glad to see you and your wife are still doing well. Wish her a happy birthday for me!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Lucky double sevens, indeed much to celebrate. Congratulations to you both! What is whiskey biscuit gravy?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Happy Birthday to the Missus Orley! Sounds like a wonderful evening....... Steak, Martinis, and a good smoke...........

Man, you don't know how lucky you are to have a wife that smokes a pipe!! Congrats to both of you!........ :clap:

Sometimes it's the little pleasures that mean the most.
Truer words could not be spoken........... :puffy:

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Sounds like a delightful 77, congrats folks! Best birthday wishes from the Rabbit.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Happy B-day Mrs Orley, I'll smoke a pipe full in the pipe that use to be yours to you. :clap:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys, we had a good time!
Duane, Whiskey Biscuit Gravy is a blend from Just For Him, and it's similar to their Shortcut to Mushrooms, but a little richer and sweeter tasting. They're both crossover blends with a little latakia in them similar to Frog Morton. It's one of my favorite blends of that genre.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I got to thinking...her age doesn't show. Appalachian women, like some of my family are all that way as well. Definitely didn't expect 77.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Congratulations on your, and her, good fortune. She's lucky to have a steak makin' hubby. I bet she already knows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.