PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Sadly, my missus thinks farts and tobacco have similar room notes so the pipes are banished to the great outdoors. I blame my actual farts on our flatulent bulldog so I get to spend my non-pipe time indoors :puffy:

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
My wife gives up her nose-clogging incense fetish, I will consider smoking elsewhere. But she raises a match to one of those stinky twigs, my pipe in hand rises simultaneously, threateningly, in synchronized reflection.
Go ahead. Dare you.
(If this ever actually happens, the neighbor's will see the billowing smoke rolling out the windows and call the fire department).

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
There is a commercial on TV selling God knows what (nice marketing that I can't tell you what they are selling!) where the punch line is this strong black woman is giving her husband "the look" after he accuses her of not having a "look". That is EXACTLY the look my wife gives me when she sees I am on this site, among others. Its the same look she gives me when I come in from the out of doors after smoking my pipe. Its all about the "look"...

Spencer

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Oh I know, no offense was taken at all! I knew right where you were coming from...

I was just speaking generally! Between farts and pipes it's a wonder we are allowed inside in the first place...

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
In our house it's the wife who farts I never complain as I'm always in the conservatory smoking. Perfect balance!
Andy

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
It's dog farts at our house - Gracie can clear a room in 2 seconds, then she has the couch to herself. I'd be afraid to light a match in the same room.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Nothing related to pipes, but my favorite dog, Suzie, used to run for the basement the moment I reached for my guitar. Suffice it to say, I don't play anymore, although it's questionable if I could play at all.

earlysuzie_1_1-600x422.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I get the "interested, but not really" look when I talk about pipes too much. Especially after a pipe show or gathering. I tend to go on a bit.

Oh well.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
When my wife asks what I'm doing and I tell her I'm on the forum , I get that 'look'. But really...I mean I don't think I give her the look when she's looking at shoes or handbags or scarves or or or or...

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
All the "stuff" that occupies our fireplace mantle from end to end, yeah, my girlfriend thanks the forums for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.