PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
My wife has been out of work for a couple months and she feels bad about it. I told her it was crappy job anyway and take her time. Well she has been trying and there's slim pickins. I came home today from work and she had made me this. She said she felt bad that she couldnt buy me anything...I wondered why she bought this the other day at the antique store. It was a caddy for plasticware or something. Anyway she sanded it down, cut out a part of one compartment for my lighter and tamper, then stained it. Now I have a pipe caddy so when I head outside I don't have my hands full and have to come back for my beer...or anything. Love that woman.

20150731_171445_zpswwzvd7r9.jpg
[/url][/img]

20150731_171534_zpsuehpazep.jpg
[/url][/img]

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Three cheers for awesome wives! Luckily my wife supports me in piping as I support her interest in fashion. Though she doesnt smoke a pipe and I don't design clothes we both act as a sounding board and partners in crime. Now I look foward to the new issue of Italian Vogue as much as my wife likes to watch Pipestuds auctions every Saturday morning. It made my heart warm to hear about you and your wife...thanks.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
When times are hard and things are lean, that's when the true character of a spouse comes out. You turned up a winner! And yes, I bet she could turn a dime with ideas like that, as papipeguy suggested.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Lucky, Brother your Just That! Ya got one that truly Love Ya! Count your Blessings...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How cool is that! I've often needed a caddy without knowing it, when you need to shift smoking stations to outdoors, the car, the deck, where ever. Maybe a pipe accessory business online is her new career. What a treasure.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I want to say thanks for all the comments and kind words. I shared them with my wife who was genuinely touched and appreciative of them. This community is a great one. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.