PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The shop I'm talking about is in a fancy neighborhood and is owned by the creator of Esoterica tobaccos. I just assumed the prices were high because of the prestige. That's a bummer if local laws force them to charge so much to remain profitable. I don't know the exact details. Didn't ask. Doesn't have any bearing on my available funds, therefore doesn't have any bearing on my inability to pay those prices to help keep them up and running.
agree completely... I just wonder if that's the intention of these taxes. eventually run every place out of business.

Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
wow man.. that's crazy.
I didn't realize ours was so high here until I just looked it up.
seems like they are just basically trying to run these places out of business.
Yes, indeed that is the purpose. Some say the banning of Internet sales is gonna 'help' the B&Ms. Hardly, if you ask me: they're quite unpopular in the current milieu; they're already heavily taxed, regulated, and surveiled; their selection is already limited or downright thin; they face constant harassment from lobbies, all branches of gov't from city halls to federal; the list goes on. After Internet sales are banned, the next step will be to force B&Ms to close and then they'll have accomplished their mission to eradicate tobacco.

The latter is already being done: we have crap such as this:

"If they have to close so be it".

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I love Tinderbox. 45 years ago when I started the pipe, the was a Tinder Box in a mall 25 mikes from home. I would visit them and purchased pipe, bulk and tins. Well, they closed and I was stuck with ovc from drug stores.
then came the internet. The choices are boundless
But.........if there was a Tinderbox close by ( within 60 miles) I would visit them.

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Don't have a B&M within 150 miles of me but when I go back home to visit I love B&B Tobacconists is Asheville, NC. Wonderful selection, wonderful people, and they actually have original house blends that were blended by the late owner. Picked up and 8oz bag of Penzance for $50 this past summer and a Savinelli Christmas Pipe for a discount because it was the previous years model. Class A place and highly recommend.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.