PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
This International Pipe Smoking Day came once again offering a freebie box from one of our great sponsors. Even though it was free there was some controversy surrounding it even though I think it was a killer deal either way, lots of cool stuff for FREE!! Can not beat that! Well I chimed in on the post with a "even though I don't smoke cigars all the time that would still be welcomed over here" which was my way of saying to quit crying without being so blunt about it. :rofl:
Well that quickly lead to me receiving a PM from Dan, our very own woodsroad, with an offer to send them to me in hopes they would be more enjoyed by myself than they would him. I of course happily accepted his generous offer since I like a cigar now and then. What I didn't know is that I would be receiving about 9 cigars, an ash tray, a pouch of tobacco, and a hunk of a delicious plug that I think he threw in from his personal cellar. I am currently smoking that plug (corn cob plug or cob blend or something along those lines, I forgot to write it down!!) and it is DELICIOUS!! I figured since it has "cob" in the name maybe I should use a cob to enjoy it... Right? Well I went one step further and am using my aristacob, EVEN BETTER! :rofl:
So a big shout out to woods for making my IPSD great even though I couldn't make an order. :clap:
The jar contains the cherry are, the plug sits on top. In my "drying dish" is some of the plug rubbed out.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Dan is a Hollywood Starlet turned brawny pipe smoker. To shake his hand one day would be a pleasure. Few better folks out there and who they are I do not know.
j/B

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
With the "pipe turds" battle settling into trench warfare, I am glad to see a post reminding us that pipe smokers are a good natured, generous lot.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ta-da!

Glad that you are enjoying all that stuff, redbeard. This is why I'm involved in the Box Pass. It's great to get stuff in the mail, but it's even better to send stuff. That Cob Blend is courtesy CondorLover. Someone gave it to him, I think. He gave it to me, i gave it to you...it's like a honkin' Pipe Tobacco Chain Letter!

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I need to get into that box pass when I have the means (funds and tobacco wise) to do so. And then a shout out to you too condor. I would love to get my hands on some more of that stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.