PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I literally took everyones suggestions to heart. hahaha! The tough part is deciding what to smoke. Thank you to all that gave me great suggestions from day one. It has really made this 4 month old pipe experience a great one.

View attachment 74554
That's no lie - deciding what to smoke. Definitely have had the occasion where I light something up and 10 minutes later, I'm like, "Why didn't I grab X instead - that's what really would have hit the spot!" It's a wonderful problem to have.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I keep detailed track of my sealed tins and jars of bulk I’ve put in the “cellar.”

Until a couple of weeks ago, my “open” tins (all in jars) were just piled up in a couple of plastic tubs. I found an old dresser that I put up on a table in my basement, and organized the open tins by blend type in the drawers. If I’m not sure what I want, it’s fun to stand there and pull the drawers out and look around. I also actually counted the different blends I have open: 74! I like variety.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I keep detailed track of my sealed tins and jars of bulk I’ve put in the “cellar.”

Until a couple of weeks ago, my “open” tins (all in jars) were just piled up in a couple of plastic tubs. I found an old dresser that I put up on a table in my basement, and organized the open tins by blend type in the drawers. If I’m not sure what I want, it’s fun to stand there and pull the drawers out and look around. I also actually counted the different blends I have open: 74! I like variety.
I'm currently looking for something similar to do the same. Variety is good!!

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Hahaha! It gets that way for me some nights. I do input tobacco info into my computer every time I buy some. I generally start off by looking at the list, decide on which one and smoke away.

View attachment 74559
Damn you're good. Makes my excel file look like a tech potato. Which is what it is!

Watch the heavy Latakia presence in your cellar, I smoked Nightcap for 10 years, and more than half of my smoking used to be Latakia blends, when all of a sudden a month ago I can barely stomach them, they all taste like licking a dirty fireplace... :( Luckily I sort of felt it coming before buying more so only got about 500g of English blends. Maybe it'll come back in the winter, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.