PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Phred I don't think I have the ability to dedicate my pipes and remember what I smoke in them all the time
I just keep it simple, I have my english pipes (latakia) my virginia pipes and my aro pipes. You really need to dedicate at least generally pipes to kinds of blends, like most Va's will be fine in a Va pipe, same with english latakia blends. Aro's I guess you'd have to be a bit more specific but I don't really smoke aro's.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I just keep it simple, I have my english pipes (latakia) my virginia pipes and my aro pipes
Pretty much. My pipe collection is small - 4 briars and a handful of cobs. I use an egg carton as a pipe rack, and I've labeled it so that I can remember which cob is which. The briars are easy - one for aros, one for Va/Pers, one for Burleys, and one for English/Lat blends.
Oh, and some good news - the Victorian Stroll was just as pleasant as I remembered it in my English cob. Whew!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
yep, same experience. The first time I tried Moontrance, I really loved it so i bought 5 more tins. But since then, its been ok. I dont hate it but I'm not ga-ga over it like I once was. I think Flavors come and go and then sometimes come back. Ive had the same experience with all of my baccy except Hobbits Weed. I love that stuff every time I smoke it.

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I started off smoking Tinder Box Aros back in the 80's.

I then started smoking Danish blends like MB.

Then I moved briefly to English blends.

Then on to Va/Pers.

Then to Va's.

Now I'm on an OTC burley kick with cobs!
I think our progression through different tobaccos and pipes is part of the fun of this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.