PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
This is the Stanwell De Luxe I recently restored. It is one of my favourites. Beautiful to look at and smokes well to boot! What more could one ask for?
323.jpg

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Beautiful job Hunter! My Stanwell's are my best pipes. More often than not I go to them over any others I have. I have bought several estate Stanwell's in the $40 dollar range. Great bang for the bucks.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
You are always saying it does not happen without the photos so here is another one of the business end of the Stanwell.
326.jpg

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I'm jealous over that one. I have really begun to appreciate the Stanwell line lately and have 2 that really smoke well. Good job on that pipe, it's beautiful.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
What a beauty! Stanwells are one of my favorites too as they all seem to smoke well.
Enjoy ........

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Great job! Do you have any before pics? I always forget to snap before pics of pipes I work on...

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
No, I do not have the before shots, unfortunately. My problem is that I am anxious to get going on the restoration and then think of photographing it too late. Maybe next time. . .

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Hunterworld1: Same here, hehe! But try to take before pictures, because the "before-after" comparisons are so satisfying, when you look back at your project after a week or a month.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Great job on a great smoking pipe! I have the same model and it has been my favorite smoker for a while. I like it so much it is in my avatar. Does anyone know if Eltang designed this style during his tenure at Stanwell?

Status
Not open for further replies.