my second pre-drilled block carved (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
a few weeks ago i got a box of pipes from lonestar to support my rusticating addiction, and included in that deal was a pre-drilled block from Nording. so while i started working my way through the box of pipes, the bag of pipes my client gave me, and pipes that belong to a few different members (while tattooing four days a week) i would steal an hour or two here and there and work on the block.

it was basically shaped out with the magic dremel using a sanding wheel then just switching to hand sanding for the detail shaping. i have pictures of all different stages and will try to get them up soon. but this is the finished pipe...

finished07.jpg

finished05.jpg

finished01p.jpg

finished00.jpg

finished03.jpg

finishd03.jpg

finished02.jpg

finished06.jpg

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
thanks guys.

Hauntedmyst - this is the second pre drilled i have carved. the first one cane be seen in this thread here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/finished-my-first-pipe

i am having the first bowl in it now and it smokes wonderfully. very cool smoking, but it is almost seven inches long as well.

thanks for the compliments. i was very happy with the grain on this wood.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
yes paul. i use the small little round cutting bits primarily for the rustification. i use four different sizes. i have a couple of other cutting bits but the round ones have proven to be the most versatile for me.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I think one day while browsing smokingpipes.com I will come across "jasongone pipes" along with stanwells and petersons. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.