PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Hey everyone! If we haven't met yet my name is Jeremiah, and recently I decided to try my hand at restoring some estate pipes that I bought for fairly cheap. Well I believe I am finished and I would like to show you guys the results!
IMG_2373.jpg

Biltmore Royal
IMG_2376.jpg

Amphora X-tra 727-647

Holland
IMG_2379.jpg

Dr. Grabow Riviera
IMG_2382.jpg

HLT Royalton - Possibly "Dr. Garbow"

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
"Genuine Imported Briar" was an old Sterncrest label, made during the 40s-50s, in New York, if memory serves.
Edited to add: Nice job with the cleaning. It always amazes me how long a pipe will last with some care. They will easily outlast the first smoker/owner.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Jeremiah,
Great job man. They all look great.

The "no name" looks like it's a little a on the small size, hard to tell with no reference.

If so you might consider having your local tobacconist (or do it yourself) put a churchwarden stem on it.

It looks to have the right angle on the shank.

Just a thought. Here are my "no name/basket pipe" churchwardens. All are great smokers.
DSCF2139-1.jpg

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
pstlpkr, that is a great idea and it is indeed a small pipe! One of the very first pipes I smoked was a Churchwarden and I loved it and I have wanted one ever since. The only problem is my local tobacconist does not make stems :( I might take a little trip to the big city (Oklahoma City) and see if I can find someone there that could do it! Thanks alot for the idea.
mlaug, Thanks a ton for the info! I will have to check that out!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Cortezattic, I agree that the work is half the fun! I love seeing my wife's face when I bring home these dirty and nasty pipes, and then seeing her face when they are all finished and looking almost new! Thank you for the link, I will see if I can find something that will work.
igloo, I like that one a lot also. I always thought the rough or rusticated pipes were not very asthetically pleasing, but I think the Amphora might have changed my mind!

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
I just have to add my 2cents those pipes look great. I would be proud to have any of them in my collection. I feel estate PAD coming on.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Thanks everyone for the compliments.
I always have estate PAD! I love the way you can bring the pipes back to life!

Sadly I have only a few before pictures and none are up close, I will post them a little later for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.