PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Damn, that really sucks Dave! I'm sorry that happened to you. It sucks that we, as law abiding people, have to deal with scum like that! Maybe they'll turn up, you never know.
By the way, isn't that the Neerup the one you bought at the Chattanooga show last year?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Dave, I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd also encourage you to check craigslist and other online classified ads to see if they pop up. Take care, pal.
-- Pat

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Douglasville, Ga is where it happened in broad daylight. Yes the Neerup was bought in Chatt at the show. Many of you have offered to send me pipes and your offers brought tears to my eyes. I sure love pipe smokers. I have other nice pipes and appreciate your offers, it is just that these pipes were my favorites. Especially the Bear and the Pete shamrock, both of which will be hard to replace. The Shamrock was one of the first pipes I restored and I never leave home without it. If I were to be buried with a pipe that would have been it. And the Bear was a special gift from the Old Cajun.

Jan 8, 2013
So sorry to hear about this, Shaintiques. Those were beautiful pipes. Damn shame this had to happen to you. I hope somehow the thieves will be caught, and you're even able to get those pipes back somehow. I also second what Roadqueen said. But that they're sitting in jail while infested with those fleas.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I feel for you my friend. The true thought that makes me shudder is that they are probably smoking pot out of those beautiful pipes and from what I hear, even if you get them back, the whacky tobaccy ghosts something fierce!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I feel your pain man. A few years ago I had my backpack lifted from my truck while I was at the local B&M having a smoke with a friend after work one afternoon. A-holes made off with my iPad, Macbook Pro, in addition to a few nice straight razors that I had just picked up.
It's a sickening feeling having someone violate your property like that.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Shit man.
Sorry for your loss.
That's why I never ever leave small items of value inside my car. If all this stuff was inside a backpack I think you should have taken it to lunch.
Of course the one time I was burgled it was for a part of my car. They busted the back window, opened the car, popped the trunk, and stole the back light module. Its a $300 piece to replace... which is bullshit for a hunk of plastic, its not a fucking computer.
I feel for ya man. Don't let it happen again.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yep the one and only time I left it in the car. I never ever leave my pipes in there but it has been just a little chaotic here and I had forgotten it was even in there.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
That really sucks. I am with Ranger on this one. I am sorry for your loss. Maybe it's time to call 1-911. Just a thought.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
That royaly sucks.. Sorry for the loss of your burners... Hopefully those responsible will be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.