My Pipe Website was Compromised. I Think I have Fixed It, but an FYI for the Record

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
A number of months ago my pipe website was attacked and compromised. One of the results of that attack was that the hackers somehow got into my Google account and sent a number of offensive and bogus emails. Along with that, I lost every single email on my Google account stored in my files going back to the time I opened the Google account. Gone, All my receipts, all my contacts, all my purchase information, everything. Someone gave me a heads up (thank you whoever you are) and I changed my email account to a Yahoo account. To no avail. This on going issue has seemed to been following me regardless of the security steps I tried. I finally went back to a Start Mail account that is expensive, but extremely secure. I'm hoping this will solve the issue. To anyone impacted, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that the problem has been resolved.
I felt an explanation was necessary to all.

depriest1022

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2021
Arkansas
www.researchgate.net
A number of months ago my pipe website was attacked and compromised. One of the results of that attack was that the hackers somehow got into my Google account and sent a number of offensive and bogus emails. Along with that, I lost every single email on my Google account stored in my files going back to the time I opened the Google account. Gone, All my receipts, all my contacts, all my purchase information, everything. Someone gave me a heads up (thank you whoever you are) and I changed my email account to a Yahoo account. To no avail. This on going issue has seemed to been following me regardless of the security steps I tried. I finally went back to a Start Mail account that is expensive, but extremely secure. I'm hoping this will solve the issue. To anyone impacted, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that the problem has been resolved.
You might try ProtonMail, but don’t forget your password. It is so secure that there is no recovery of the account if you can’t remember the password.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
If your second email was also compromised in the same manner, you may have a virus on your computer and/or device giving hackers access no matter what steps you take.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
As a Busniess you are obligated to start notifying your customer base on this Breach. The FTC guidelines for this.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/data-breach-response-guide-business

Reactions: Peter - CCB

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Please pardon the naive question but... what is your pipe website? Do you sell pipes? Are you a site sponsor?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Who is your software engineer?

8FMIkmn.jpg

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Better check your credit card/cards ,balance etc. A little over a month ago my accounts were hacked, credit cards maxed out. No not my better half either lol, she's good with the money, but pretty much all my money. There's a lot of that bs going on. I was lucky to get the money back and life moves along :col:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you all for your comments. I have no idea why anyone would want to hack my simple and small pipe website. I have no idea why anyone would want to hack any of the other countless people who also have small, insignificant websites but it happens nonetheless. So far I've been OK.
I did check my credit cards.
I am my own software engineer. I design and maintain all of my own sites. The pipe website is the only site I currently have left that is online.
greeneyes: Yes, I make pipes
yes I have a website that displays my pipes
No I am not a site sponsor so therefore I cannot tell you the address of my website.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thank you all for your comments. I have no idea why anyone would want to hack my simple and small pipe website. I have no idea why anyone would want to hack any of the other countless people who also have small, insignificant websites but it happens nonetheless. So far I've been OK.
I did check my credit cards.
I am my own software engineer. I design and maintain all of my own sites. The pipe website is the only site I currently have left that is online.
greeneyes: Yes, I make pipes
yes I have a website that displays my pipes
No I am not a site sponsor so therefore I cannot tell you the address of my website.
because they don't really target sites like that but do this mass search for vulnerability. Kind of the cyber version of checking all the doors to see which are unlocked.

jackpapper

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
There are two main methods used in the development of software by mlsdev.com. The first method is known as pure software development methodologies, which makes use of one of several programming language families. The second method is known as hybrid software development methodologies, which makes use of several programming language families. There are many differences between these two methodologies. While some of the differences are very subtle, others are very apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.